We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a good minibus hire company?

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a good minibus hire company?

Hi - looking for a minibus to hire in August next year for a party of 10. I've only found one company on the web that can supply this and they are in Bulgaria and they charge a big delivery markup! Does anyone have any knowledge or recommendations? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a good minibus hire company?

Hi drempeis, I assume you are looking for self-drive and not transfer. The rules for Minibus driving are different in mainland Europe to here in the UK.

For driving on a normal licence you are limited to a max of 9 persons including the driver, so therefore I know of no company that hires above a 9 sealer for self-drive. Your only option may be to hire two vehicles.

We used these last and were very impressed.

http://www.economycarrentals.com/

2. Re: Can anyone recommend a good minibus hire company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, November 05, 2012
Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a good minibus hire company?

Thanks for the replies. I'll check them out

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend a good minibus hire company?

George thanks for informing but advertising is prohibited in the forums..

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone recommend a good minibus hire company?

Well the link he posted was pretty useless anyway, haha

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone recommend a good minibus hire company?

That's why he was reported..Anyway,have fun drempels!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anyone recommend a good minibus hire company?

How far are you needing to travel? would airport transfer be a better option ?never used transfers ouselves, always car hire, but a new question may bring a recommendation.

Edited: 4:34 pm, November 05, 2012
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Can anyone recommend a good minibus hire company?

Hi Greg, as it was probably my first forum comment "ever", I was not intentionally adding this information. I thought "drempels" was looking for something equivalent to what that company had to offer. I have used them many times as a client, and they did the job right.

To what degree is something considered as "advertising" ? Is an addition of a web address to a suggestion considered ok, for some and not for others? Is it the phrasing of the proposal..? Cause "roybaker" is also quoting/suggesting a specific company on his first reply.

Anyhow if "drempels" is looking out for a self driven minibus, my comment is no use to him, still not a useless comment mate!! Hope he finds out what he is looking for at the end!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can anyone recommend a good minibus hire company?

Hi George,

It's hard sometimes when you have so little history of posts on TA to convince people you are not connected to the company you recomend. I did not have a chance of reading your post before it was removed so I am writing blind, but I expect someone thought you were the recomended company. Unfair I know but don't let that put you off advising on here. I'm sure you have a lot of good advice to give.

Edited: 1:37 pm, November 06, 2012
Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Can anyone recommend a good minibus hire company?

Hello again!Yes,it was your first post here in TA recommending one specific company..I'm sorry but words and phrases like this is the best company in the region and giving also a specific e-mail address other than the website are considered for me advertising.

Roybaker has about 500 posts and just proposed 1 company that he/she used and was happy about it.