We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thessaloniki Carnival 2013

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Thessaloniki Carnival 2013

I have just found out that my trip to Thessaloniki next march coincides with Carnival weekend and Clean Monday.

I was lucky enough to be in Athens for Clean Monday a few years ago and have good memories of the festivities especially the kites.

I would be grateful for an indication of what to expect from Thessaloniki.

Thank you

Thessaloníki...
Level Contributor
81 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thessaloniki Carnival 2013

usually the city has many to offer but there is no program available yet. You should expect parties in various bars and clubs and some live shows.

Dont expect road dancing like Rio.

The best day to visit I believe it is Tsiknopempti (I dont know the date)

You should try a visit to Xanthi, 3hrs drive from Thessaloniki

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thessaloniki Carnival 2013

Thank you Sotiris

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thessaloniki Carnival 2013

Hey and welcome richard130558:-) The Town of Naoussa is known for the Carnival;-) About an hour from Thessaloniki with some wonderful places to stay.. check www.paleapoli.gr/ Patras, in the Peloponesse is also known for it's festivities as well;-) Happy planning.. and EnjoY!

4. Re: Thessaloniki Carnival 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Thessaloniki