We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the 78 bus

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
the 78 bus

Hi folks

Does anyone know which of these stops :-

www.oasth.gr/service/stasis_eng.php?ml=61

Is closest to the Mandrino hotel for some reason google maps keeps saying out of range and does not show a route?

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the 78 bus

Right it took me a while but for anyone else wanting to use this bus, the 78 or 78N bus runs from the Airport right into the KTEL (bus terminal) approx every half hour and also stops at the train station, as far as I can tell there is no known route map anywhere although there is a list of stops as in the link above,So I guess you will just have to spend some time scouring Google earth until you spot where these stops actually are, because Google earth maps does appear to recognize KTEL for some unknown reason and there does not appear to be any bus stops marked on Google earth or Google maps for Thessaloniki however, the KTEL bus terminus appears to me to be just down from the train station at tripoleos so good luck and I hope this helps.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: the 78 bus

http://www.oasth.gr/tools/routeGMap_eng.php

1)If you take number 78 all the way,you get off at Aristotelous,and it's a bit of walking from there.

2)Take the bus from the airport,get off at "EVZONON" stop,and take no 8 from there..Get off at "ANTIGONIDON" station,which is few steps away from your hotel.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the 78 bus

Oh right thanks greg.

4. Re: the 78 bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 15, 2013