We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greek Beer

İstanbul
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Greek Beer

Hi all,

Hopefully i will be in Thessaloniki tomorrow , instead of ouzo brands i wanna know Greek Beer Brands that i can find at market ... Some say that its hard to find greek beers at local markets.. .? Let me know your favourite greek brands..efharisto poli :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Greek Beer

Not hard at all. Mythos, Alfa, Fix should all be widely available.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greek Beer

One more time: Mythos, Alfa, Fix

İstanbul
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greek Beer

Thanks for the information.

Edited: 9:15 am, May 01, 2012
İstanbul
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greek Beer

Well my friend ordered me to buy beer called "zeos". have to check that out. Thx again :)

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greek Beer

Alpha

Piraiki

Fix

Vergina

Zeos

Neda

Septem

Charma

Magnus Magister

Kerkyraiki

Brand pictures / bottle pictures here: clickatlife.gr/story/… ( Brand pictures. Text in Greek, some of the auto translation may not be absolutely correct )

Unfortunately, Mythos is produced in Greece but is not of entirely Greek interests anymore, as member of Carlsberg group now. Raw materials are Greek, production is being done here, bottling too. But, it's like Coca Cola: it is produced and bottled here by a Greek company but you can't call it a "greek product" :))

Edited: 10:23 am, May 01, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Greek Beer

Nick, you're being pedantic. If it's produced and bottled in Greece by a Greek company, it's most definitely a Greek product. At least for someone looking to try a beer they can't find elsewhere in the world.

<Please tell me you're not going round the super market checking bar codes for the magic 502 number or whatever it is>

İstanbul
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Greek Beer

Thanks for the link Nick ,very helpful . Fıx's bottle design ıs similar to Turkish Efes Pilsen's bottle..

…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/70/…

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Greek Beer

To me, "Vergina" lager is the best. Tasty and full. Using traditional methods to produce.

Although you cannot find it anywhere, it is worth asking for.

Regarding Tinsey'w remark, I think that a brand belonging to a multinational, means that the recipe is also multinational, not local.

Edited: 3:34 pm, May 01, 2012
Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Greek Beer

also to add kraft beer

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,444 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Greek Beer

Mythos has changed ownership 2/3 times?;don't think the recipe has altered though.

While not a fan of instant coffee, greek "nes" is surely a superior version of the Nescafe produced in Northern Europe.

Greek brewed Amstel was always supposed to be better than the original Dutch.