We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Thessaloniki in August. Waterpark & amusement park

Which Thessaloniki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Green, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Thessaloniki in August. Waterpark & amusement park

Is it just me or do places book up quickly? We will need a hotel for 2-3 nights for a family of 4 and possibly 2 other couples in their own rooms. I'm seeing that a family of 4 you have to have a bigger room, you can't have 1 bed and put the kids on the floor. I'm also seeing that these hotels have very few larger rooms. What is your experience with this? We are going to Krani, Macedonia and plan to take a trip to Greece and possibly go to the waterpark or amusement park while there.

Thanks in advance!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Thessaloniki in August. Waterpark & amusement park

Hey and welcome Tonikaya:-) Greece is an extremely family-friendly Country in general..no reason to have the little ones sleeping on the floor;-) Most hotels do offer triples/quads..and indeed have larger rooms but doubt much any hotel would put 2 adults and 2 children in a room with only 1 bed;-) Which properties have you been looking at? You don't mentioned 'when' you are going..and your budget spread! May certainly help the locals make some reccs for you;-) Happy planning..and ENjoY!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Thessaloniki in August. Waterpark & amusement park

Hi Tonikaya. Many hotels are offering rooms with 3 beds. You must secure (by asking directly, in advance, to the hotel) that they can bring into your room a fourth bed, in a 3-bed room. The other option can only be that you book 2 double rooms.

Do have a cofee break (for half an hour) in Veroia, a lovely town. Or even better, an unforgettable visit (for at least one hour) to the museum of the ancient city of Vergina. Both are along the way from Krani,FYROM to Thessaloniki.

"Waterland" waterpark is very good for kids and parents.

wikimapia.org/…b

Also "Magic Park" is also very good for the family.

wikimapia.org/…b

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Thessaloniki in August. Waterpark & amusement park

Hello, you can stay in fully furnished apartment, a lot cheaper than hotel ;)

It is true that some hotels can provide you an extra bed, with or without extra cost.

If you need any info or help, just let me know!

Edited: 5:06 am, April 20, 2012
Green, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Thessaloniki in August. Waterpark & amusement park

Thank you all! We are going in August sometime. I'm hoping for a mid priced hotel, but I forgot I read about the apartments on here somewhere too.

5. Re: Hotels in Thessaloniki in August. Waterpark & amusement park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, June 18, 2013