We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private tours from Thessaloniki

Lucknow, India
Level Contributor
77 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Private tours from Thessaloniki

We are a party of three adults. We will be in Thessaloniki on 6-7-8 April and would like to tour Meteora, Vergina, Halkidiki etc. Kindly suggest a taxi operator who could drive us around. We do not need him to be a tourist guide. I hope someone would be available for about Euro 100 per day - that is what we paid recently in Slovania and Croatia. THANKS!!

Mentioned in this post
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
Halkidiki Region
Halkidiki Region
Central Macedonia, Greece
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
864 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private tours from Thessaloniki

Hi there RM72!

Please do not compare the costs that you paid in Croatia and Slovenia with the ones in Greece, as unfortunately the gas prices in Greece are the highest in Europe... so there is no chance you will find a taxi driver to charge you this amount of money for one day and especially for these distances. However, give me an example of how many days you have available and where you would like to go exactly. For example, would it be Halkidiki on one day, Vergina the other day and Meteora the third? Because there is absolutely no way you can do all three of them in a day.

I would be able to give you couple of offers from around the taxi place of my area, but it'll be easier if I know the exact details.

Best Regards,

Yannis.

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
Europe
Europe
World
Halkidiki Region
Halkidiki Region
Vergina
Vergina
275 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Meteora
Meteora
4,213 Reviews
Kastraki, Greece
Lucknow, India
Level Contributor
77 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private tours from Thessaloniki

Dear Yannis,

I am very grateful for your prompt response. The options, as far as I can make out are as under:

(i) We could do Edessa waterfall (Pella) and Vergina on one day, say on 7th.

(ii) Or maybe, miss the waterfall and do Vergina and Meteora on one day, We are not such keen tourists that would take a very long time in Vergina.

(iii) Or do the waterfall and Skopje in one day.

(iv) Halkidiki (without going into the sea) and Kavala in one day.

I shall be deeply obliged if you could ask around for prices of the above tours. In some places we have found that a University student who has a car fits our requirement very well.

Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

With warm regards and gratitude,

RM72

Mentioned in this post
Pella Hotel
Pella Hotel
182 Reviews
Thessaloniki, Greece
Skopje
Skopje
Skopje Region, Republic of Macedonia
Halkidiki Region
Halkidiki Region
Kavala
Kavala
Kavala Region, Greece
Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
369 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Private tours from Thessaloniki

Hi,

it could be possible to charge you 200 euros/day

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
369 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Private tours from Thessaloniki

As mentioned from Yiannis, the gasoline prices are raised to the sky these days.. so the taxi drivers charge according to the price of gasoline.

For example, last year, when the price was 1.5 Euro/lt, a trip from Thessaloniki airportto Chalkidiki was about 80-160 euros, depends on the destination. There are 3 peninsulas in Chalkidiki and the closest place is 40 min and the longest place about 2-2.5 hours.

Vergina and Edessa are about 1.5h from Thessaloniki, and Meteora more than less 2.5 hours

My advice is not to miss Edessa with the waterfalls, and Vergina, as probably taxi drivers won't take you to Skopje. On the other hand Chalkidiki and Kavala in one day is too much in my opinion, cause there are so many places to visit there! :)

Mentioned in this post
From Thessaloniki
From Thessaloniki
26 Reviews
Thessaloniki, Greece
Skopje
Skopje
Skopje Region, Republic of Macedonia
Kavala
Kavala
Kavala Region, Greece
Euston (Not the...
Level Contributor
31 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private tours from Thessaloniki

We were there last year and I agree with flatexpert about touring Halkidiki in 1 day. Its a lot bigger than you think and there is so much to see... Just a quick tour around the 'Kassandra finger' is a good 3-4 hours, without really stopping anywhere.

Mentioned in this post
Halkidiki Region
Halkidiki Region
6. Re: Private tours from Thessaloniki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, March 29, 2013