We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanted,Automatic People carrier car hire from the airport.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Wanted,Automatic People carrier car hire from the airport.

I'm looking for someone who we can recommend a hire company that can supply me with an AUTOMATIC, people carrier, SUV, or Minibus from Thessaloniki airport, the best I've found is a 1.6 hatchback but I don't think that will be large enough for us. Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanted,Automatic People carrier car hire from the airport.

hi.

try the major car rental companies like avis, budget, europcar, hertz.all have offices in thessaloniki international airport

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanted,Automatic People carrier car hire from the airport.

Thanks Telis, but the major companies have a very limited range of automatics, and nothing of any size, just wondered if a local rental company could supply.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wanted,Automatic People carrier car hire from the airport.

We've had good luck with rentalcars.com out of the UK. You can sort out the availability by automatic vs. standard, car size and pick up location. Their rates are definitely better than the rack rates at the individual rental offices. I'd look as far ahead as possible. There aren't that many automatics available - in fact there was only one at the Athens airport when we rented last month. Good luck.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wanted,Automatic People carrier car hire from the airport.

Hi thanks p0rcupine,

Tried there and nothing with an auto box of any size. I know I am clutching at straws but it was worth a try. Thanks again.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wanted,Automatic People carrier car hire from the airport.

www.saloniki.org/en/catalog/carrental.htm, www.alphadrive.gr, www.rentacar-guide.gr, www.thessaloniki.airport-car-hire.net, www.e-aeolos.eu,www.arguscarhire.com, www.poseidoncarrentals.com, www.greece-rent-a-car.com, www.economybookings.com,

...have you checked these sites?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wanted,Automatic People carrier car hire from the airport.

I have now telis, thanks, seems like I'm on a lost cause. I will have to hire a Manual and do all the driving, (No one else in the party drives a Manual). Designated driver for two weeks, sums up my life. Thanks again, all, for your time.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wanted,Automatic People carrier car hire from the airport.

i wish i could be a better help to you. anyway...i hope everything is going to be just fine!

have a great time in greece.if you need any more information please don't hesitate to ask.

Euston (Not the...
Level Contributor
31 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wanted,Automatic People carrier car hire from the airport.

Try contacting

http://www.kriopigicars.net/cars/

They are very very helpful and I know they have a couple of people carriers. You can start your hire from the airport.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wanted,Automatic People carrier car hire from the airport.

Thanks again telis. I knew it was a long shot, but worth a try,we always have a great time, hard not to.

Roy.

10. Re: Wanted,Automatic People carrier car hire from the airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, March 29, 2013