We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach on northern greece mainland

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
beach on northern greece mainland

Myself and my wife are looking for a beach destination, ideally somewhere between Kavala to the Turkish border.

Ideally clear waters and quite quiet, but with a few bars and restaurants.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Many thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach on northern greece mainland

Nuggat, jump on the ferry at Kavala and head to Thassos! Great island, fantastic beaches and great bars & restaurants.

When are you planning to travel??

Xanthi, Greece
Level Contributor
58 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach on northern greece mainland

the best beach is Ammolofoi 20km west from kavala,i think the best beach in northern Greece with many beach bars but very crowded in weekends and no restaurants,so you will have to go to N.Peramos 4km away.Another destination is N.Iraklitsa with clear water many beach bars and restaurants and more quiet 13km west from kavala.

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach on northern greece mainland

Thanks for getting back to me, we are traveling around end Aug.

I was thinking much more west - eg over at Vistonida or Alexandroupoli.

Has anyone been over there - are there hotels and nice beaches?

Thanks again

Xanthi, Greece
Level Contributor
58 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach on northern greece mainland

there are many beaches near Alexandroupolis with many beach bars and taverns.They are in the main road Alexandroupolis-Hili about 3km far from the town.I think that the best beach is called Agia Paraskevi.

Try to avoid Vistonida because it is many kilometers away from the main road and there are a lot of mosquitos waiting for you.........have a nice trip!!!

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach on northern greece mainland

Think i will look elsewhere as the little information I can find is saying that the beach isnt the best and the pictures i can find dont conjur up images of sleepy fishing villages and secret swimming coves!

I am going to spend one week in the amazing Rhodpean mountains in Bulgaria so was keen to try somewhere new. I have travelled around the south of Thessaloniki and also around Kavala and just hoped to find some new places to the East of Kavala for a change.

Will keep checking this but need to make plans soon so if someone does know an area that fits our hopes around Avidira, Limn or even over towards Enez/Feres going into Turky, please let me know.

Thanks (ps any advice needed for Rhodopeas - drop me a note!

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach on northern greece mainland

last post in hope that any new readers know nice beaches heading along the northern greek coast towards the turkish side?

Skopje
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach on northern greece mainland

are any good BEACHES in Paralia, Katerini?

I want to go there...

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: beach on northern greece mainland

Can you, please,recomend me any good beaches in and around Kavala? Thanks. :)

9. Re: beach on northern greece mainland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, May 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kavala