We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laganas

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
112 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Laganas

My boyfriend and I just returned from a wonderful holiday in Laganas. We stayed at the Ilios Apartments, a family-run hotel where the staff were friendly and the complex was peaceful enough, yet just a 5-minute walk from the main strip in Laganas.

The resort has received bad press recently. Just after we booked our holiday we read reports in The Sun and News of the World about the debaucherous nature of Laganas and raucous Club 18-30 escapades. We were, as you might imagine, a little concerned...

We arrived in Laganas in the last week of September, towards the very end of the holiday season. Two of the clubs had been shut down for the aforementioned debauchery (of which we saw NONE).

If you want a peaceful holiday with classy establishments, then don't go to Laganas, or any popular European holiday resort for that matter. It's only as sordid as the others that host 18-30s and 2wentys holidaymakers. Wherever you go there will be young people out on the razz, and people of all ages stocking up on cigarettes and alcohol... that's just HOLIDAYS IN GENERAL!

I'm not sure why Laganas has had such bad press. The beach at Kalimaki is beautiful and a protected area for the nesting of the loggerhead turtles. There's a gorgeous little island if you walk in the opposite direction along the beach, past Laganas itself and to the little harbour - it has a restaurant and a bar on it and is really idyllic.

The weather was baking apart from 1 day when it rained, not bad for early October! We found the nightlife to be just right - it wasn't too hectic nor too quiet - it's your choice whether you want to drink until you throw up in the clubs, or just have a nice meal in one of the many restaurants. Such a great choice of food - and a meal for two WITH DRINKS costs less than 20 Euros!

Make sure you take a trip to the Shipwreck Cove (32 Euros per person bookable through your Rep, although I think you can get a far cheaper deal if you shop around locally!).

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laganas

I was in Laganas myself at the end of August this year and found out that one of the girls at work had been at the time of the scandal she said that they used to go to that bar regularly and that it was all over-reacted the "games with sexual conotation" was pass a melon between your knees?!

Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos
Recent Conversations