We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laganas vs. Kalamaki

1 post
Save Topic
Laganas vs. Kalamaki

Hello,

I'm not an experienced traveler and on a tight budget. We (20 & 30 years old) want to do a couple holiday (no party holiday) in Greece at the end of August into September.

At the moment the decision lies between Laganas (Nemesis, Aphrodite Studios or Paradise Apartments) and Kalamaki (Marelen Hotel or Costas Apartments).

My concern is that Laganas might be too loud and too busy. I'm fine with party but I would like to be able to rest too. Is Kalamaki the perfect choice as the travel to Laganas is easy, short and cheap (taxi or walk) or would you recommend just going straight to Laganas?

If so, which Hotel can you experienced travelers recommend?

Thank you a lot and greetings from Germany!

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laganas vs. Kalamaki

Kalamaki would be my advice although I've never stayed there. It has a lovely beach, a good choice of bars and restaurants and is close enough to Laganas if you feel that you want to party one night.

scotland
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laganas vs. Kalamaki

Definitely kalamaki

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laganas vs. Kalamaki

As said Kalamaki has all you need for a holiday but the added bonus of a stroll to Laganas if you fancy clubbing and jut a few euros in a taxi back to Kalamaki.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
911 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laganas vs. Kalamaki

Kalamaki... we've stayed at marelen twice... lovely place.... you have the option to go to the madness that is laganas or stay in a much calmer kalamaki lol

5. Re: Laganas vs. Kalamaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 22, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos