We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Dolphin hydrofoil?

Truro, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Flying Dolphin hydrofoil?

Hello, I'm travelling to Paxos in June (for the 3rd year running - I love it!) and need some advice.

Previously Agni Travel have always arranged hydrofoil tickets for us but this year I'm sorting it myself - and it's a bit more complicated than usual as I also have to arrange tickets for my sister who is joining me halfway through the holiday and my partner who is leaving halfway through the holiday.

I've emailed Bouas where I found the 2013 timetable, but the lady there tells me that this year they are working with another company - one that leaves from Lefkimi rather than the New Port. The Ilida Flying Dolphin is my preferred choice as the timetable is more suitable and it leaves from the New Port.

Anybody know the best way to book tickets for the Dolphin? I'd rather email than phone as it's all a bit complicated!

Thanks in advance for any answers;-)

Truro, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Flying Dolphin hydrofoil?

I used that email address to book and phoned to confirm and pay - didn't have a problem and I'm due to pick up the tickets from their office opposite the Cafe Nautica as I have before.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Flying Dolphin hydrofoil?

Hi everyone, I've booked the new boat the despina through boas tours , sent money via bank transfer no problems, was told it goes from new port and can collect tickets on the boat, hope it works .

warwickshire
Level Contributor
400 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Flying Dolphin hydrofoil?

Yesterday on facebook The Flying Dolphin "ilida II" updated their page. It contains the following contact details.

+30 2662 032401

Email

paxos@bouastours.gr

So it seems the Dolphin is still with Bouas Tours!

london
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Flying Dolphin hydrofoil?

Hello there.

All very confusing. Currently Bouas tours have the money I've sent them via bank transfer, which was intended for five return crossing on the Dolphin in July. But in the time between my first contact with them and the time I transferred funds into their bank account they appear to have decided to only work with the Despina. I don't want to travel on the Depsina as it only travels from Lefkimi which isn't at all convenient for us. I had an email last night from Bouas, which DIDN'T say they were now working with the Dolphin again but DID say that there is a possibility the Depsina may now travel from Corfu new port but they wont know for a week or so! I never realised booking a hydrofoil ticket to Paxos from Corfu would be so complicated and involve so much time and so many emails! Suffice to say I still have no definite clarity and it looks like I need to wait a little longer to see if a) the Depsina will decide to travel from Corfu New Port b) if it does will they have boats on a Sunday at times that suit us (as the Dolphin does) and c) will Bouas begin dealing with the Dolphin again. Bouas have said they will refund my money if I'd like once I get to Corfu, if the situation cant be resolved. Very happy to share my experience with anyone if they want to contact me!

London
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Flying Dolphin hydrofoil?

Hi,

Can I ask where you got with this?

I need to book either the Dolphin or Despina from Corfu New Port to Paxos on Saturday 20th July (flight lands at 12pm). I have sent an email to Boaus Tours - hopefully they will let me know which one I can book.

Thanks,

london
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Flying Dolphin hydrofoil?

I'm still waiting for a definite answer from Bouas. I think the Despina now has some crossing from Corfu New Port rather than Lefkimi, but unfortunately not on the day I'm travelling!

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Flying Dolphin hydrofoil?

Is Paxosilida@yahoo a genuine email address? I have emailed them and they have come back asking me to transfer money or give credit card details - just wanted to make sure it is genuine before I hand over my money.

Thanks for your help.

London
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Flying Dolphin hydrofoil?

I think this is all a bit confusing!

I got an email back from paxos@bouastours.gr saying the same thing abiut credit card details. It is listed on the timetable alonside the @yahoo address on the Facebook page here www.facebook.com/photo.php…

The reply was same asking for credit card details and expiry dates then would confirm where to pick the tickets up.

I'd assume its genuine and maybe a seperate office running the Dolphin ticket sales.

Hoever, shouldnt be confused with Bouas Tours email (bouas@otenet.gr) which Joanna replied to about them now using the Despina.

So I might call the number on the timetable 0030 26620 32401 and find out later...

Truro, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Flying Dolphin hydrofoil?

Well just to clarify my situation if it helps:

I used this email address:

paxosilida@yahoo.com to deal direct with Ilida and the Flying Dolphin

This was after Joanna at Bouas Tours told me that she is now going with the Despina rather than the Dolphin and that it left from Lefkimi. She didn't mention anything about it leaving from the New Port.

In many ways I would have liked to have dealt with Joanna as she did seem nice...but the Dolphin has much better times for my trip and my preference is to leave from the New Port.

After emailing the Dolphin direct, I phoned (number was 0030 26610 49800 ) with my card details to make a reservation (I don't like to give my details out via email) and the lady I spoke to seemed professional and spoke immaculate English (my Greek is much, much worse!).

She made my reservation and said my card would be charged closer to the time I'm travelling (June) and I'd be sent a confirmation email then. I haven't been charged yet, but did email about confirmation and was told that my reservation is all ok and that I should pick up the tickets from their office opposite the Cafe Nautica.

So still waiting for my card to be charged, but hopefully all will be ok;-) More complicated process than I thought though!!

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Flying Dolphin hydrofoil?

Thanks everyone - think i'll risk it then will be more of a €16.40 issue if I dont get on that hydrofoil on the 2nd of June :)

Agreed with it being very complicated though!!!

Edited: 6:56 am, May 09, 2013