We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer cost from Corfu airport to Lakka.

merseyside
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer cost from Corfu airport to Lakka.

Hi , just wondering as to the cost of getting from the airport to the resort of Lakka, is it worth the hassle of doing it yourself or is it better to just book transfers with someone?

Mentioned in this post
Lakka
Lakka
Paxos, Greece
6 replies to this topic
Salford, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer cost from Corfu airport to Lakka.

Hi Roger,

It will always be cheaper to do it yourself, and it isn't tricky at all.

There will always be taxis at Corfu airport to meet every flight. It'll cost you between Eu10-15 to get to the new port, from where you can pick up tickets you've booked (or buy tickets if you haven't booked - but be careful here; see previous threads about the need to book). Once you get off the ferry at Gaios, again there will be taxis there to meet the boat. Some, most or all of them may already be booked, but usually there will be one that isn't. Even if all the taxis are booked, one will always come back for you, or you'll end up sharing with another couple (excuse the presumption) and therefore share the cost too. I've never got a taxi between Gaios and Lakka, but I suspect it will cost you about Eu20.

The advantage of using a booking company is at most that you may have a smoother run of it on Paxos. There are a few minibuses knocking about that seem to be branded as a transfer company.

It's down to the individual of course, but I would never use a transfer company; I consider it to be a needless waste of money. However, there is no denying that it gives you less to have to think about, and if I'm being honest, the first time I went, it wouldn't have occurred to me to do it on my own, not knowing anything at all about the place.

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Gaios
Gaios
Paxos, Greece
Lakka
Lakka
Paxos, Greece
Paxos
Paxos
Ionian Islands, Greece
merseyside
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer cost from Corfu airport to Lakka.

Cheers for the reply and info. Generally like to plan my own trip as for me this adds to the feeling of independence ( plus it's usually cheaper ) Took up the offer of transfers last year as we hadn't been to Paxos for nigh on 30 years and everything was plain sailing ( pardon the poor pun )but will probably pre book the Illidia? and get taxis. Not sure of the cost of the boat but I think the ticket said something like €8 last year but I could have read it wrong. Didn't even use a taxi last year as the buses or walking sufficed so I've no idea as to taxi costs. Either way the place is just a little paradise and we can't wait.

Mentioned in this post
Paxos
Paxos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Salford, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer cost from Corfu airport to Lakka.

I absolutely agree with you about paradise!

Ilida is a little more expensive than that, at about Eu20-ish per journey, but yes, easy enough to do on your own. Whether you need to book it rather depends on the time of year, and the day of the week (Mondays are the busiest, by far). Booking is no hassle though, so you may as well.

You will recall that there is a cafe at the port in Gaios. The coffee leaves a little to be desired, but there are alternatives.

Have fun in paradise!

Mentioned in this post
Gaios
Gaios
Paxos, Greece
merseyside
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer cost from Corfu airport to Lakka.

Thanks again for the info, would prefer the fastest time over to Paxos and the Ilida is about an hour so we will go for that, cheers.

Mentioned in this post
Paxos
Paxos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Stockport
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer cost from Corfu airport to Lakka.

I think that organised transfers are a bit like insurance policies - you don't realise the true value of them until you really need them. Like the time there was a taxi strike on Corfu, but our transfer company organised a minibus to get us from the port to the airport.

Or more recently, when the weather forecast for the following day (our departure day of course!) indicated that, if we were lucky, we might just get off the island via the only means possible, the car ferry to Igoumenitsa, where we would then have to change for one to Corfu. Fortunately, the next morning, Joy Cruises decided that Ilida would be allowed to make one early morning run before the sea got too rough and so we were woken with a call to say that a taxi would be picking us up in half an hour - could we be ready in time? You bet we could!

These are the only 2 incidents in almost 30 years of visiting Paxos, so I suppose you pays your money and takes your choice, but our choice will always be to pay somebody else to deal with any potential hassles and headaches.

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Paxos
Paxos
Ionian Islands, Greece
merseyside
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer cost from Corfu airport to Lakka.

To be honest I can't see us saving enough to warrant the risk of having any hassle. Like you say if the weather changes it would be nice to have someone take that worry away because knowing our luck etc.

Reply to: Transfer cost from Corfu airport to Lakka.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paxos