We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fish taverna

Venray
Level Contributor
6 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
fish taverna

I wonder if someone could advise me on a couple (if any) of real fresh fish taverna's/restaurants, the location is not that relevant (i'll have a small car) though I will be staying in Lefkas town; it might sound a bit foolish but too many times I have put up with frozen fish even at so called fish taverna's :(

Any response will be highly appreciated!

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fish taverna

In Lefkas town, my favourite fish taverna is the Kyma, it's next door to the Cavo bar on the little park by the waterfront -- look for the Pirates floating bar, turn around, and the Kyma is behind you. The best fish soup, shellfish, and fresh fish ever.

Out of town, try Makis taverna on the waterfront in Lygia, you can choose your own fish from the fridge. Also in Agios Nikitas, at the taverna that is called "Nikitas," on the left almost at the bottom of the street, I know they catch their own fish.

Yum!

Venray
Level Contributor
6 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fish taverna

Many thanks!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fish taverna

O Minas on the right hand side (coming from Lefkas Town) in between Nikiana and Periyiali.

Seaside in Geni if you are looking for a special evening.

Venray
Level Contributor
6 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fish taverna

Great, I'll give them a try...Thanks

Venray
Level Contributor
6 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fish taverna

Hello Kyklamina, I don't know how to thank you enough! I have had two terrific experiences at both Makis in Lygia and Nikita's in Agios Nikitas....so far, my first attempt to discover Kyma in the city wasn't a success but I don't give up :)

Cheers!

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fish taverna

Hi, so glad you enjoyed Nikitas and Makis tavernas!

Two ways to find the Kyma in Lefkada town:

1. From the little wooden bridge by where the main road enters town from the causeway:

With your back to the wooden bridge, turn left, and follow the waterfront around (don't go out along the causeway, stay on the island! just cross the causeway road, and carry on with the waterfront on your left).After about 5 mins brisk walk you'll come to the Pirates cafe/boat. Now turn around so your back is to the Pirates boat. You'll see the little square, with the Cavo bar on the right-hand side of the square. The Kyma is the restaurant next door to the Cavo.

2. From the main square in the pedestrianized part of town:

Stand with your back to the big church (St Spiridon) that forms one side of the square. Walk to the far left-hand corner of the square. Turn left down the sidestreet in the corner (there are two parallel little streets, either will do). At the end of this little street you'll come out in the waterside square. Keep going pretty much in a straight line and you'll see the Kyma restaurant and Cavo bar on the left-hand side of the waterside square.

Good luck!

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fish taverna

We also recommend the "Maistros" taverna in Ag. Nikitas. Last taverna on the right hand, heading towards beach on the main street! Choosing fish in the kitchen is highly recommended! It's all about what the boat brings in the very morning and that's the whole deal! Cheers!w

Venray
Level Contributor
6 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fish taverna

I will keep it in mind for the next trip to Lefkas, I have to say the island has conquered a special place in my heart, a great deal thanks to a special beach (Afteli) but the food, the people and the scenery helped also a lot...

9. Re: fish taverna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lefkada