We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Lefkas Town

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Lefkas Town

I'm looking for somewhere to stay in Lefkas town for a couple of nights - 2 adults, 4 children - in August. Either a hotel or B&B. Somewhere within walking distance of things as we won't have a car. Any recommendations?Thanks!

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Lefkas Town

The Nirikos is very central, on the waterfront just as you come into town from the causeway; we stayed there 10 years ago and it was fine, a bit basic & traditional but had all you need, and everything right on your doorstep. Great views from the balconies but could be noisy at night because of the cafes nearby. http://www.nirikos.gr/

The Ionion Star is also central and is the only hotel in town with a swimming pool, which the children might appreciate! It's a bit old-style and uninspiring from outside, but the inside was refurbed quite recently. Haven't stayed there personally but it looks fine. A slightly quieter location but still very close to everything. http://www.ionion-star.com/.

The Aigli is a newish boutique hotel (again, haven't stayed there myself but it looks lovely) in a converted old stone house, very pretty and in a quiet sidestreet but still very close to everything. http://www.theaigli.gr/

Then there's the Pirofani, lefkastown-hotelpirofani.clickhere.gr/, a small hotel in the main shopping street, maybe a bit noisier than the others but again, looks welcoming from outside.

The Hotel Lefkas is rather big and has a lot of coach parties so it might not suit you so well, but again the location is convenient and it had a recent refurb.

All of these are very close to everything, with shops, cafes, and a wide choice of restaurants on your doorstep. Perhaps somebody else has stayed in them and can give you a more personal view.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Lefkas Town

Try Lefkas Blue in Agios Ioannis, Lefkas Town. Beautiful apartments with a pool and easy walking or cycling distance back to centre. www.lefkasblue-apartments.gr

Or Simply Travel have a place called Muses which is very popular also in Agios Ioannis.

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Lefkas Town

Yes, Ag. Ioannis is a lovely area and you'd have some nice cafe/bar/tavernas on your doorstep. Certainly an easy bike ride (flat!) into town, but I'd say a longish walk, I'd guess a good half-hour or more to the town centre, depending exactly where in the Ag. Ioannis area you were. Especially in the heat of summer. Of course Ag. Ioannis has the great advantage of being close to the beach, whereas if you're staying in town you have a 15 min walk (5 min bike ride) to a swimmable beach at Kastro, back across the causeway. Or, of course, from town you can get buses to Kathisma, Ag. Nikitas, Nidri, and other "beachy" areas. So I suppose it depends (a) how energetic you are, and (b) whether being in town is more important to you than being close to the beach!

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Lefkas Town

Thanks so much for these suggestions. I've emailed them all and keeping fingers crossed. One of the problems is we're only staying 3 nights (between Ithaka and Preveza) and it's high season....

Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Lefkas Town

I am looking for the same exact situation as you, can I ask you where you stayed (or would have liked to stay having been)? Thanks!

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Lefkas Town

Just a quick update: the Pirofani was mentioned before, but it's not an option at the moment as the builders are in and it's been completely gutted, I don't even know whether it's going to reopen as a hotel or not, and if so when, but you certainly wouldn't want to stay there now unless rubble is your thing!

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Lefkas Town

We are arriving Preveza 8th june, picking up car and heading to Sivota//Syvota (Mainland) for first night then off to meteora etc. We would like to spend our last 3 nights on Lefkada island, this is the Lefkada near Preveza airport?

Anyone suggest the best village/Town to stay?

Thanks in advance

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Lefkas Town

You might find some previous recent forum discussions helpful, such as the thread at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189460-i2258-k7… If you give us an idea of what kind of things you want to do (beaches? sightseeing? nightlife? country walks?), I'm sure people will come up with some good ideas for you!

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Lefkas Town

We stayed at the Ionian star hotel in Lefkas Town. It was nice - a bit like a Greek business hotel but the pool's ok and it's in a great position. There's not a lot to do in Lefkas Town but it's nice if you want to be in a town and not a resort. Some nice tavernas and a good scene in the evenings on the shopping street. We took buses to the beaches. The bus service was good.

10. Re: Hotel in Lefkas Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 26, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Lefkada