We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets & Boat Hire on Lefkada?

Chorley
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Supermarkets & Boat Hire on Lefkada?

I am staying at Milos Bay Villas for two weeks this year and wondered if anyone can tell me where the nearest 'largish' supermarket would be for me to get the 'big shop' in? I thought I'd read somewhere that there is an Aldi in Lefkada town and had hoped to stock up on the way from the airport on the Sunday we arrive but I can't find any details on such a store? Also there are two couples holidaying together and we would love to be able to hire a boat and a captain for the day so that we can explore the area (we did this a few years ago in Turkey and had a fab time at a very reasonable price), does anyone know if there is such a facility in the Agios Nikitas area? Many Thanks.

Nantwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
762 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets & Boat Hire on Lefkada?

There is a Lidl just outside lefkas but not an Aldi, Unfortunately it is a couple of miles down the east coast side toward Nidri, not down the west coast to Aghios Nikitas. If you have a car available it is not too bad. There is also a champion (carrefour) supermarket in Lefkas town as well but that is on the east coast side as well. On the west side at Aghios Nikitas you have lovely beaches - failrly sandy, but for any boat hire you will only be able to do this on the east coast from Lefkas town to Nidri around 30 minutes drive fronm Aghios Nikitas. The sea conditions on the Aghios Nikitas are not suitable for boat hire.

There are plenty of boats and captains available for hire in the Nidri area and plenty to see, but none on Aghios Nikitas side.

Edited: 11:03 am, March 26, 2013
sheffield
Level Contributor
414 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets & Boat Hire on Lefkada?

Hi - is it still the case that Lidl does not open on Sundays ? - Thanks

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets & Boat Hire on Lefkada?

Yes, they're still closed on Sundays; all the big supermarkets in Lefkada are, though there are plenty of smaller supermarkets on the way to Nidri, but that won't help you. There is a "Dia" supermarket in Agios Nikolaos, this is the village on the mainland that you'll pass through on your way from the airport -- as you're coming from the airport, at the t-junction where you turn right for Lefkada, you'll see the supermarket opposite you across the road. It's not a great supermarket but it has all the basics and it is open on a Sunday (or was, last time I looked!). Otherwise you've got a couple of small supermarkets in Ag. Nikitas itself which are usually open every day, but again, not great for your "big" shop.

4. Re: Supermarkets & Boat Hire on Lefkada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lefkada