We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how safe is Lefkada Nidri

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
how safe is Lefkada Nidri

i will be travelling with my family in June/July 2012 to Lefkada Nidri. I am concerned if the crime spree from Athens has spread throughout to the Islands. What should I be aware of and look out for.

I recall my Holiday in Lefkada in 2010, it was a peaceful and the people were very helpful.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: how safe is Lefkada Nidri

I'm sorry, my question was aimed at JohnChristo who posted the original generalised query.

I do sympathise with you lefkasman, although it hasn't happened to me I do have family and friends who have experienced home invasion and theft.

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: how safe is Lefkada Nidri

So sorry to hear about your experience, Lefkasman. It is certainly true that the level of crime has increased in Greece in general in the last few years, and this also applies to Lefkada. Most of us from western & northern Europe still find the crime level very low compared to our home countries; I still feel I'm much less likely to be a victim of crime in Lefkada than I am at home even in rural Oxfordshire, and I think the statistics bear this out.

But of course that's no consolation to someone who's been through a devastating experience like yours. I hope you'll be able to come to terms with it and still appreciate the good things about this lovely island and the vast majority of its people.

And you make a good point -- people should be wary; when you're on holiday it's easy to relax and not take the simple precautions that you would at home, such as always locking doors & windows, not leaving valuables in your car, etc. A person holidaying in Lefkada would be very unlucky to have any bad experiences at all, but please, take as much care as you would on holiday in Torquay.

13. Re: how safe is Lefkada Nidri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 23, 2013