We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

non-profits on Lefkada

non-profits on Lefkada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:30 pm, June 12, 2018

5 replies to this topic
South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,605 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: non-profits on Lefkada

See topic on Cephalonia forum.

Mentioned in this post
Cephalonia
Cephalonia
Ionian Islands, Greece
UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: non-profits on Lefkada

I wonder why you have chosen Lefkada, kefalonia and Naxos for your inquiries? These are relatively fortunate islands with a strong tourist industry that have not been affected by an influx of refugees who might need your help. I see on the Kefalonia and Naxos threads you have received some excellent advice on where to find volunteering opportunities in parts of Greece where you can really make a difference.

Mentioned in this post
Lefkada
Lefkada
Ionian Islands, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
3. Re: non-profits on Lefkada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:30 pm, June 12, 2018

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: non-profits on Lefkada

I didn't mean to be judgemental, so let me express it more simply. No, to the best of my knowledge Lefkada has no requirement or support structure for overseas volunteers in the humanitarian sector. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Lefkada
Lefkada
Ionian Islands, Greece
Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
5,885 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: non-profits on Lefkada

There is 1 non profit organisation that arranges everything at the Moria refugee camp on Lesvos island. From what I have seen and heard when I was there 2 weeks ago, you have to be of strict Christian believe to be accepted by them.

I’m not judging but telling what observations learned me.

And if I want to be a real help, I choose a place where help is ready needed, not how the place looks.

Reply to: non-profits on Lefkada
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lefkada