We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aristotelis Aparthotel

london
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Aristotelis Aparthotel

Hello,

I am going to Ithaca and thinking of staying at the Aristotelis Aparthotel in Friskes early July.

Has anybody been there and what was the accomodation like? Would you recommend it? The maisonettes look okay but the studios look too small and dark.

Any advice would be appreciated as we would love to stay on Ithaca.

Thanks

Kitkot

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aristotelis Aparthotel

Hi Kitkot

I went to Frikes last summer on a trip across to Ithaca from Kefalonia. It is a tiny, peaceful fishing village set on the north east coast. Ithaca is certainly a stunning island but unless you just want to lie on the beach all day, there's not a great deal to do. Main sights are the Katharon Monastery, the villages of Anogi, Stavros and Kioni (beautiful) and the little capital Vathy. As far as I know there are no car hire outfits on the island and just the one bus that links the "major" villages.

Great for a laid-back, stress free holiday but if you go for more than a week, you may struggle to fill your time. You can get a taste for the island if you visit www.igougo.com where I have a travel journal posted for the island under the guide name GB from Devizes. Hope it helps...

Dorking
Level Contributor
552 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aristotelis Aparthotel

We stayed there last September in the larger apartment on a cheap deal with Sunvil. It was good value really,for such a low price.The rooms were also available direct but I would never have paid their local price,as it was not luxurious. There are quite a few steps up. It is just a few minutes on the flat to the centre and front. The pool was not great really. The owner hardly spoke to us. Frikes is very quiet,with a few Tavernas.We hired a boat and then the holiday was transformed, We loved pretty Kioni and it was vibrant. We loved Cemetery Bay for a swim. It was fun arriving in the boat. The little Cantina on the beach there, served a cheap, fresh lunch. We also hired a scooter and had a super drive down to Vathi. The local buses from Frikes were used by other guests and worked well. We loved the steep walk to Stavros from Frikes and it was quite lively,with many Greeks sitting around in the evenings.It was a bit more real than Kioni.

3. Re: Aristotelis Aparthotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, September 06, 2009