We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miramare Beach Hotel Corfu

swansea
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Miramare Beach Hotel Corfu

Going to the the Miramare on 7th August for a week. Bit worried about latest report that hotel may be closing because staff not being paid. Wander what we are going to and what our room will be like, Germans probably take the best. Contacted Excel Holidays (never travelled with them before! usually travel with Thomson) they state if it is closed then they will offer an equivalent deal but after reading of other hotels on their site that they have only availab ility is Corfu Sea Gardens and I dont fancy that. Not very impressed with Excel Holidays not at all helpful. Would like any feedback.

Susie

England
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miramare Beach Hotel Corfu

Hi.

Check out Holidays Uncovered for reviews of Corfu Sea Garden:

www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/frames.htm

Most reviews seem pretty good, on the whole better than those for the Miramare, but there are some bad reviews for both.

Have they actually offered to place you at the Corfu Sea Gardens? if so, it seems a little unreasonable to expect you to change resort as well as hotel.

I would suggest that you call Excel and ask them to put the situation in writing - follow this up with an email and letter.

Let us know how you get on.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miramare Beach Hotel Corfu

Due to visit this hotel the week beginning the 21st August, as this was offered as a very last minute alternative when our original booking to Turkey with Fleetway Travel was not forthcoming. This hotel was the only available holiday for the timescale,,,,is there a reason why....that we should know about? I would appreciate any feedback

Thanks

Fe

uk
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Miramare Beach Hotel Corfu

Going to the MIRAMARE on 21st August, I would like to know how it was for you. Was there any problems with the staff etc.

Brian

4. Re: Miramare Beach Hotel Corfu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 13, 2009