We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Bari

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Ferry to Bari

Hi there

We will be in Corfu from 7 - 11 Oct 2014 and from there we are heading across to Italy

Information regarding ferries at that time is just becoming available but from what I have read so far, we will need to go to Igoumenitsa and take the ferry from there to Bari.

We have flights from Bari to Sicily.

Is the overnight Superfast ferry the only option?

We have 2 kids, 12 and 10, and it doesn't seem like a real kid-friendly option.

Departure after midnight, etc

A day ferry would be a much better option for us.

Also, our flight from Bari is at 2.30pm.

Are the Superfast ferries reliable enough to assume that there will be no problem with that connection? ( arriving around 10am )My usual approach is pretty prudent, so I would go the day before and have a night in/around Bari before catching the flight. It's just that it means one less day in Corfu

I wouldn't risk it on a trip from the islands to a connecting flight in Athens but if those ferries are not prone to cancellations and major delays???

It's our first time on Corfu too, so any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,488 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Bari

I can't answer all of your questions, Richard, but most ferries between Italy & Greece are overnight whatever the ports. One thing I have learned is that port arrival times are often the time that the ship enters port authority jurisdiction, not the time that passengers disembark ... there can be a big difference. I do have a street map of Bari and I think the distance from the port to the airport is quite small. There are other ferries from Igoumenitsa, but they operate mostly in peak summer periods. Ask Greekferries.com when they stop.

Steve

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Bari

Thanks for the info Steve

Good advice about the published time of arrival and the actual time we are likely to get off the boat.

I guess that's one of the downsides of out of peak season travel.

Will check out the greekferries info

I think we are going to go down the safer option and arrive the day before, then have a night on the coast near to Bari.

Thanks again

Richard

3. Re: Ferry to Bari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Corfu