We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick airport check in

Level Contributor
173 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick airport check in

Hiya, I don't know of anyone can help, but I have just realised thomson say you can only check in 2 hours before your flight! We fly at 6.15 in the morning in August to Corfu! I have always checked in 3 hours before my flight with other airlines and I am panicking that 2 hours won't be long enough! (Silly I know, but a born worrier!!) does anyone know whether we can check in 3 hours before or are the times on the booking confirmation the earliest, being 2 hours before?

I'd be really grateful for any replies!

Sophie xx

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
865 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick airport check in

This page may be of interest....

www.gatwickairport.com/check-in/day-before/

Level Contributor
173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick airport check in

Thank you I have looked at day before check in, but I then worry out bags won't arrive in corfu!! I know it's ridiculous that I panic so much!! We are thinking of arriving a little earlier at the airport to have some breakfast at costa before checking in, that way if for any reason check in and security take longer at least we have eaten! Thanks x

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick airport check in

hi,

you can get there whenever you like, but the desk won't open until 2 hours before, so if you are worried, go early, have your breakfast at leisure and watch the boards for the check-in desk opening, then check in and above all else... have a great time ! :)

Level Contributor
173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick airport check in

Thank you!! Can't wait xx

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,577 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick airport check in

Quite often they have shared check-in desks, so you should be able to ask when you get there in any case. At Manchester we always arrive at least 2.5 hours before, and in well over 50 journeys with various charters, have always found the check-in desk for our flight already open. I think it is more likely to be the case that they only open up 2 hours before on the homeward leg, paricularly in the very busy airports where they can only just cope!

Level Contributor
173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick airport check in

Thank you, I think we will go a little earlier and just see how we go!! X

Corfu Town, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
668 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick airport check in

I remember that we had the same problem, not being able to check in earlier than 2 hors ahead.. I hope that there are seats available around the check in area, 4-5 years ago, there weren't any... plenty of seating after the security check though !!

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatwick airport check in

We checked in the night before for an EJ flight at Gatwick once. It was really good - all so efficient and so easy. I always think there's more chance of bags going astray going down those belts at the chaos of check in than doing it the night before. I too am a born worrier about travelling - even worse after getting stuck with the ash cloud on Corfu for an extra week, so can identify with your anxieties.

9. Re: Gatwick airport check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Corfu
Recent Conversations