We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agios Stefanos NE Corfu

London
Level Contributor
30 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Agios Stefanos NE Corfu

Anyone been to Agios Stefanos in the north east of Corfu? We're thinking of going in July. We like the "real Greece" & thought this fitted the bill. We have to children-13& 17, but as long as there's snorkelling & good food they're happy for a week!

111 replies to this topic
Sheffield
Level Contributor
278 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agios Stefanos NE Corfu

It's a small resort largely made up of expensive villas and prices in the handful of tavernas reflect this. We went in April a few years ago and it was quiet at that time. I think there was one small shop from what I remember. You might want to also consider Kalami which is a little further along the coast which has more in the way of apartments and a tourist shop or two.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agios Stefanos NE Corfu

I wouldn't call this "real Greece" as per post above the prices reflect their customers bank balances, pricey!!

London
Level Contributor
30 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agios Stefanos NE Corfu

Thanks for your help

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agios Stefanos NE Corfu

I agree with ziggysboy - it's a nice place but very small, quite expensive and certainly not the 'real Greece.' Most 'resorts' are fairly modern and based, at best, around a small harbour or jetty. The 'real Greece' lies a short distance away in the villages that depend on those harbours. Many are within walking distance. There are one or two exceptions, like Messonghi, Petriti and Roda, where villages and tourism live side by side.

Steve

scotland
Level Contributor
147 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agios Stefanos NE Corfu

Have a look at san stefanos nw they have a very good web site with lots of information. I would say most of the taverna and restaurants are Greek own. Only two or three bars have tribute band which u don't have to try. lovely restaurants and locals. Very reasonable for a meal out. And a beautiful beach with nice walks. Sanstefanos.co.uk is the web site.

Corfu, Greece
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agios Stefanos NE Corfu

Hi,

Depending on your budget, I personally believe Agios Stephanos is a pretty good base for a week but there's no diving schools there although you can rent a boat. I've stayed there on many occasions with my kids. It also depends on what you mean by the 'real Greece' as you can explore from there too - Old Perithia, a Heritage Protected Village, is within 30 mins drive further along the north east coastline.

With the age of children you have, and again budget permitting, you could also consider the wonderful combination of spending 2 (or 3) nights in Corfu town and soak up the atmosphere there then hire a car and head out to Old Perithia and stay 4 (or 5) nights there (in the old mountain village) with some beautiful beaches and including Agios Stephanos (Kerasia is the better beach just along from there) all within 30 mins drive + diving, walks, 5 tavernas in the village and numerous options further down and along the coast. Old Perithia is located between Kassiopi & Acharavi, 15-20 minutes drive off the main road http://www.old-perithia.com

Edited: 7:46 am, January 09, 2013
London
Level Contributor
30 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agios Stefanos NE Corfu

Thank you-this is all very useful. I'll keep it for another time as we've now opted to return to Sardinia as we've not been there for a number of years. Corfu sounds great though-went to Kefalonia last year & loved it. Thanks again

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agios Stefanos NE Corfu

Hi trying to get some information on prices for dinner in the bay.We are there for a week in September .I know there are 5 places to eat and cost is dearer than other resorts.What can we expect to pay for 2 courses and a carafe of wine.Is it all a la carte or do any of the taverns do a fixed price ? Do you know of the Damianos Apartments and are the 2 bars lively at night any information much appreciated

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agios Stefanos NE Corfu

Hi trying to get some information on prices for dinner in the bay.We are there for a week in September .I know there are 5 places to eat and cost is dearer than other resorts.What can we expect to pay for 2 courses and a carafe of wine.Is it all a la carte or do any of the taverns do a fixed price ? Do you know of the Damianos Apartments and are the 2 bars lively at night any information much appreciated

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
991 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Agios Stefanos NE Corfu

We love Agios Stefanos NE and have stayed there with 5 teenagers. It is quiet and unspoilt compared to a lot of Greek villages that cater for tourists. (We have stayed at Kalami and various other places in Corfu plus other Greek Islands and Ag. Stefanos NE is one of the best.) It's definitely not lively at night, but that's why we chose it! The teenagers have a lively enough time the rest of the year so it was good to spend some quality time doing outdoor activities (we hired a little boat and explored the little surrounding bays, went snorkelling, etc) and spent the evenings eating together at tavernas (not often we all get to sit down together). They never seemed to get bored once (which surprised me) and constantly nag to go back so I definitely recommend it! :)

Reply to: Agios Stefanos NE Corfu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted