We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corfu excursions from port

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Topic
Corfu excursions from port

Hi,

I'll be stopping on the island as part of a cruise and would rather not do a cruise excursion. I'll be on the island from about 10am-6pm.

In reasearching suggestions, I've found the following list. Does anyone recommend these, or other sites to see?

Beach

Lakones

Angelokastro

Kanoni

Pondikonisi

Achilleion

Paleokastritsa

Also, can you let me know if your suggestions are walkable from the port. If not, would I take a taxi/bus? Are they safe/reliable for a single female?

Thanks!

Beaumont, Texas USA
Destination Expert
for Beaumont
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corfu excursions from port

Hi, Jennebel2 --

I see you've posted asking about a number of your cruise stops (and I have replied on a couple).

In addition to posting here on the Greece Travel forum, you should also check out the dedicated CRUISE forums at CruiseCritic.com -- info provided by other cruisers may offer you more specific recommendations.

I will repeat that Greece is very safe for travelers of both genders. Take normal precautions against pickpockets in crowded areas, but feel free to walk wherever and whenever you want. Even in central Athens, it's okay to walk by yourself in the popular tourist areas. It's probably the only place I've been where I don't mind walking back to my hotel at 3 a.m.! I certainly would not do that in any major city here in the USA!

Pelekas
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corfu excursions from port

Check out www.corfuexcursions.com.

They include several of your choices but appear to do tailor made tours for both individuals and groups. May be cheaper than a taxi.

Edited: 3:02 am, June 06, 2010
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corfu excursions from port

Ok as you have limited time on the island I would suggest Paleo and Lakones. You can be in Paleo by 11am, swim or a trip on a little boat to see the caves then a spot of lunch. Taxi upto Lakones which overlooks the bay, stunning views, then get back to Corfu Town and asked to dropped off at the Liston. This will give you enough time to explore the little alleys and shops of the old Town and a gentle stroll back tothe ship. Check out this site on Paleo, have a great time.

http://www.paleokastritsa-bliss.com/

Edited: 5:54 am, June 06, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Corfu excursions from port

Thanks ziggysboy, this sounds great.

5. Re: Corfu excursions from port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, December 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Corfu