We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens Metro pick pockets

UK
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
90 reviews
Athens Metro pick pockets

Worth sharing my experience in Athens for those considering making their way to the island via Athens...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189400-i194-k80…

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
515 posts
92 reviews
1. Re: Athens Metro pick pockets

Thanks for posting re your experience on the metro. Whatever comments were made on the other forum, I think this new posting is very helpful & relevant to people who may be travelling to Kef via Athens in the future.

My husband was caught out in Lisbon but thankfully 'only' lost E50.00 - no cards or passports were taken. It certainly taught us a lesson!

I have to say that the TA forum for Kef is by far the most welcoming, friendly & non-judgemental compared to some others. Probably indicates the type of people who visit Kef!!

Will look forward to reading your Christmas trip report. Hope you all enjoyed your first Christmas in Kef.

UK
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: Athens Metro pick pockets

Hi Birds29. Thanks for your note and it is really interesting how many messages I have received from Athens TA users to apologise for the early remarks and to say how relevant my submission is...interesting!

Edited: 5:02 pm, January 01, 2015
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
456 posts
3. Re: Athens Metro pick pockets

SJL,

Your experience was a sad comment on Athens, but a useful warning to others. I am glad that you were able to avoid having anything stolen. Ignore the "experts" - as someone once said the definition of an expert - "X" an unknown quantity and "spurt" a drip under pressure!

Now I will read your holiday report.

garedd-m.

4. Re: Athens Metro pick pockets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 04, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Cephalonia