We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O2 mobile network

Leeds, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
O2 mobile network

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could tell me if 02 will work in Kefalonia? My wife is changing her phone before we go on holiday, she's currently on Vodafone which I believe is a no go in Kefalonia, so she's thinking of switching to 02 if that will work.

Thanks

Nick

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: O2 mobile network

Hi Nick

For a number of years we were with O2 and last year with Vodafone. Each year, on arrival at Cephalonia airport we've found that on switching our phones back on our phones just seek out the nearest, strongest network.

This can vary as you move around the island but in the main has been Vodafone Greece and Cosmos.

In each case we received messages from the network saying what the charges will be.

If in any doubt it might be as well to check with both networks before switching/travelling.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,472 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O2 mobile network

Hi nick,

We are on Vodafone and rarely get a problem. We try to use wifi in tavernas and our apartment when we can to save money!

Bob

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: O2 mobile network

We are on O2 never had a problem other than it being expensive. So this year we have both bought Kindle Fires. So as our hotel has free wifi as well as a lot of places over the island we can communicate with family via facebook, email etc. Instead of using our I-phones for weather and news it will all be done via our kindles.

Leeds, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: O2 mobile network

Thanks for the info.

Nick

UK
Level Contributor
907 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: O2 mobile network

Vodaphone has always worked without a problem for me; my phone always switches to Kosmos. Agree with Bob though regarding free wifi in bars to pick up data.

Level Contributor
4,138 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: O2 mobile network

Hi Nick. All mobiles (even Tesco) work as they just conect to the local network. If u have an iPhone use Facetime or iMessage free or set up roaming b4 u go for cheapest calls/txt

7. Re: O2 mobile network

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 26, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Cephalonia