We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cephalonia Car Rental

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Cephalonia Car Rental

Has anyone used this company cefaloniarentacar.com/index-english.html

Found them on Google & their rates are very competitive.

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
323 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cephalonia Car Rental

No sorry, we always use Pefanis. Have you checked their prices as they're usually very reasonable?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,323 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cephalonia Car Rental

Hi,

Along with Traceym I usually use Pefanis. Otherwise I use Greekstones.

All companies will deliver to the airport (usually free if you are hiring for a reasonable length of time). Apart from their prices, another reason for using Pefanis is that they are the only local company to have an office at the airport.

With Pefanis and Greekstones, you just return the car with the same amount of fuel as you collected it with. All damage is covered providing you do not go off-road.

They prefer cash to save the % charged by the credit card companies and do not take a deposit.

To be fair I have been going to Cephalonia for 22 years and never heard a bad word about any of the companies that operate from the island.

Bob

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cephalonia Car Rental

Thanks for your replies.

We too normally use Pefanis but Cephalonia Car Rental have quoted us E19.00 per day for 21 days rental in June/July & Aug/Sept. Even if their insurance excess is not zero, there are lots of policies where you can buy annual cover for around £40.00 to avoid being caught by huge excesses. Am waiting for confirmation as to what their excess is, if they do not offer zero. This makes the total rental considerably less than Pefanis.

This year Pefanis have a new website to obtain a quotation, but we think it is highly confusing, or maybe I am just thick!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cephalonia Car Rental

Thanks for your replies.

We too normally use Pefanis but Cephalonia Car Rental have quoted us E19.00 per day for 21 days rental in June/July & Aug/Sept. Even if their insurance excess is not zero, there are lots of policies where you can buy annual cover for around £40.00 to avoid being caught by huge excesses. Am waiting for confirmation as to what their excess is, if they do not offer zero. This makes the total rental considerably less than Pefanis.

This year Pefanis have a new website to obtain a quotation, but we think it is highly confusing, or maybe I am just thick!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,323 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cephalonia Car Rental

Depending on the car, that seems a good or very good price! I have sometimes quoted a rivals price to Pefanis and got them to cut their price.

Bob

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cephalonia Car Rental

we always use venus and Kostas always gives us a good rate.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cephalonia Car Rental

He quoted on a Fiat Panda with AC

Think it is doubtful Michael Pefanis would match this rate as he quoted us E650 in Aug/Sept for 21 days for a Daihatsu Sirion.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,323 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cephalonia Car Rental

This could be a welcome addition to low cost car hire in Cephalonia!

Have a great time

Bob

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cephalonia Car Rental

Thanks. We are looking forward to our first trip in June & having looked at the Kef weather & the Argostoli web cam, it will be nice to have some sun & heat! Temperatures at the moment in Kef are at least 10 degrees warmer than the Cheshire ones!

Devon
Level Contributor
303 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cephalonia Car Rental

Pefanis

Get answers to your questions about Cephalonia