We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kefalonia in October ?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
105 reviews
Kefalonia in October ?

I am thinking of visiting Scala or Lassi in the last week of October.

Although near the end of the season will places still be open ?

Also, what is the weather like then ?

Thanks

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Kefalonia in October ?

hi.

kephalonia is definately one of the most beautiful islands in greece.

during the time of your visit though don't expect to swim cause the weather maybe sunny but not hot enough for swimming.

most places will be closed.better stay at argostoli or lixouri which are places where are more lively in this period than other places.

La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Kefalonia in October ?

Bring a brolly. Honestly.

There's a reason why Kefalonia isn't popular at that time of year and the reason is because the weather's pants.

England
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
184 reviews
3. Re: Kefalonia in October ?

Hi.

Crete or Kos may have less rain at that time of year than Kefalonia, and there's more to see if the weather's not good on those islands, (IMO).

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Kefalonia in October ?

hi.

yes crete could be an alternative.there are plenty of things to see.

La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Kefalonia in October ?

Rhodes or Kos are two other alternatives.

Don't even consider Corfu.

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Kefalonia in October ?

Hi

Was in Skala right at the start of the season - early May. Some places were just opening up - a few others had remained open on a reduced basis over the winter. So I guess you will find the reverse at the end of the season.

Did not visit Lassi until later in May, by which time everything was open - but appeared to be less to open than in Skala.

Despite what the others said, I was advised by permament Kef residents that October (certainly the second half) was a good month to visit. They said the "September" rains had usually passed and the flowers which had been largely dormant over the summer start to flower. The wild flowers were certainly superb in early May!

I guess therefore you are taking a chance with rain but temparatures should be in the mid 70s F (25C).

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
7. Re: Kefalonia in October ?

We had the pleasure of going to Kefalonia last October from the 15th to the 29th and the weather was lovely, mid 20's during the day although the evenings chilled down very quickly. The sea was as warm as the air temperature, so even if the weather isn't great for you, rest assured that the sea will be plenty warm enough for swimming.

county durham
3 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Kefalonia in October ?

Would not recommend Kefalonia in October especially towards the end of the seson.

Most places will be shut up plus the weather is extremely tempremaental. Had a full week of electrical storms last year, I've never seen so much rain!

9. Re: Kefalonia in October ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 16, 2009