We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greekstones Car Hire

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Greekstones Car Hire

I am planning on going to the island in September 2013, and was after current up to date info on Greekstones Car Hire. It seems to have had good recommendations in the past, is is still as good? If not what is a good alternative?

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greekstones Car Hire

Pefanis car hire I have used and found excellent , Greekstones and Pefanis both get good forum recommendations and I am sure you would be fine with either.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greekstones Car Hire

Cheers very helpful!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greekstones Car Hire

Picked up my Greekstones car yesterday (after recommendations from here). 1 year old, Hyundai i20, great condition, 12,000 kms.

Very professional service, took a credit card for full payment (which is a strong recommendation in itself). The cost as quoted was EU100 more than Avis [13 days] but I have hired many cars in my life and know that the money I have to pay at the end bears only a passing resemblence to the quote. So far so good, and I am impressed from the start.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Greekstones Car Hire

We have always used cefoliniarentacar on our many visits they have never let us down. They always give a inclusive price when we enquire so there no surprises.

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greekstones Car Hire

I've always used Greekstones and found them very helpful with good quality, well serviced cars. I hired from them again last week on a quick trip out to Kefalonia, and as ever they delivered the car to me at the airport and I returned it to the airport just before my flight. I can recommend them. I usually deal with Melis at Greekstones via email before my trips out there, and his English is excellent. There have never been any problems with the hire, and I am fully insured with them. I receive the car with a tankful of fuel, and return it filled up again.

Both Greekstones and Pefanis always seem to get good reviews here. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for with car hire, and I like to have modern, well serviced cars and to be fully covered by insurance.

Edited: 2:32 pm, June 15, 2013
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,203 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greekstones Car Hire

Hi,

I go along with all the above.

Note that they prefer cash as the credit card companies take 2 -3% and can take a month or two to let the car hire companies.

Both Pefanis and Greekstones (and some other companies) have insurances that cover everything with no excesses so they do not even bother checking the car with you before you go!

"Cover everything" does not include the underneath if you go off road.

Bob

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Greekstones Car Hire

It's a minefield but all these comments have been a great help. Thanks all.

Devon
Level Contributor
303 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Greekstones Car Hire

Heard Geekstones are very good but have always used Pefanis as they've given me better prices and they're service is very good also. Prob can't go wrong either way

Bolton England
Level Contributor
76 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Greekstones Car Hire

I'm here at the moment & we have booked acar with Greekstones to collect tomorrow. The guy running it is hilarious. He was really helpful & spent ages showing us a map of things to do. I was impressed. I'm not expecting any problems but they will come & support you personally if you run into problems 24/7, the bid car hire companies certainly don't do that. X

Crewe, Cheshire
Level Contributor
33 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Greekstones Car Hire

That sounds like Antonis. He was very friendly and extremely helpful to us last September. He also signed a form which meant that we were able to visit Ithaka on the ferry for the day which was an adventure in itself. Highly recommended.