We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag / bachelor party

Coventry, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stag / bachelor party

Hi,

I'm getting married near Argostoli in August. Has anybody got any recommendations for a stag party? Was thinking something like a fishing trip / boat trip then onto some bars maybe?! Is any of this possible in Kefalonia?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Tom

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag / bachelor party

Hi Tom and welcome to the forums

Kefalonia isn't a party island at all, but what nightlife there is is centred around Vallianou Square in Argostoli and there are a few others places scattered around the town. Other than scheduled ferries, I can't think of any boat trips from Argostoli. There "might" be fishing trips available but as I'm no fisherman, I've never really looked for them. A walk along the harbour front in the town should let you know what's available, if there is indeed anything to offer.

There are boat trips to Ithaca from Skala but that is a long ride from Argostoli. Thinking on my feet here, what about renting some quads and taking in a few of the island's sights close to Argostoli? There's the old castle of Agios Georgios and of course, some great beaches at Lassi. Something else possibly, you could book seats on one of the mini-coach tours across to Ithaca, they are usualy small 14-15 seater coaches, they will collect you at or close to your accommodatuon, take you across to Sami on the east coast, from where it's a 50 min ferry ride to Ithaca.

The tour takes you around several of Ithaca's top sights then you usually get a couple of hours in Vathy, the capital town where you can have a bite to eat, a beer or two, or whatever, before the ferry back to Sami and then back to Argostoli.

www.postmehome.com a website devoted to Kefalonia, mentions a go-kart track just outside Lassi but another website I looked at reckons it's no ,onger open. That might be worth checking out.

Mentioned in this post
Ithaca
Ithaca
Ionian Islands, Greece
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
Agios Georgios
Agios Georgios
Corfu, Greece
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Sami
Sami
Cephalonia, Greece
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
509 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag / bachelor party

There's a glass bottomed boat trip that leaves from Argostoli, if you walk along the harbour towards the Lixouri ferry the trips leave from the very end of where the yachts moor up. Don't know how many of you there are, but I believe you can charter the boat for private parties.

Edited: 11:14 am, January 24, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Lixouri
Lixouri
Cephalonia, Greece
Coventry, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag / bachelor party

Thanks for your replies.

I've seen a few adverts for a glass bottom boat that operates out of Argostoli which does does a bit of sight seeing, swimming, beach BBQ and karaoke. Does anybody know who runs it? Was thinking might be able to see if I could get them to run a private one midweek for us.

Thanks again.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag / bachelor party

Thanks for that rewsmissus. Handy to know

5. Re: Stag / bachelor party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, January 27, 2013
Coventry, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag / bachelor party

Yes that's the one. Seems to have good reviews! Thanks

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
509 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag / bachelor party

Hi Tomc107, the owner is also on Facebook, look for Glass Makis. My friend who lives in Argostoli knows him quite well, I'm out there next month so maybe I could ask him about a private booking for you?

Mentioned in this post
Makis Hotel
Makis Hotel
406 Reviews
Cephalonia, Greece
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag / bachelor party

Just visited the website mentioned.

It looks as though he needs 1000 Euros for a day trip including BBQ and 500 Euros for a half-day without BBQ.

It might be last year prices and I might have completely mis-understood his price structure!!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stag / bachelor party

Just remembered!!

I had seen an advert for sea kayaking!

If you google "sea kayaking kefalonia" you can find them.

I have never used them and have no idea how good/cheap or safe they are!

However their website seems to imply they follow all correct safety procedures!

Coventry, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stag / bachelor party

That's what I thought travelbob, websites not too clear. Might just message him to find out.

Might just combine the stag and hen do during the day. That way we can invite everyone and fill the boat. Looks like it would be a good laugh for everyone!