We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't book White Rocks Hotel, Lassi through Thomson

Nottingham
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Don't book White Rocks Hotel, Lassi through Thomson

My partner paid Thomson just under £2000 to stay at this hotel. 24 hours before we were due to leave the UK, Thomson called her and said the building work had not finished. The options given were we could cancel or go to the Mediterranee. Considering I'd booked 2 weeks off working and my partner is long term ill, we opted for the latter. There's nothing wrong with the Mediterranee but it's not what we paid for. We visited the White Rock Hotel and there was no way the work would have been completed when we booked the holiday. Thomson mis-sold us the holiday and we'd like 50% of our money back. This is our third day here and we still haven't heard from Thomson. If you're expecting to stay at the White Rocks Hotel May 2012, check that all work has been completed or ask for your money back.

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't book White Rocks Hotel, Lassi through Thomson

You'll get more thanks by posting this on the forum where the hotel is rather than the UK forum.

Edited: 5:10 pm, May 24, 2012
Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't book White Rocks Hotel, Lassi through Thomson

And by accepting the change of hotel, you won't get 50% of your money back, if, indeed anything...

ATB,J.

3. Re: Don't book White Rocks Hotel, Lassi through Thomson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarized private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:39 am, May 25, 2012
Nottingham
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't book White Rocks Hotel, Lassi through Thomson

We were mis-sold a holiday and Thomson advised us 24hrs before departure. Would you pay £2000 and think it acceptable to have your arrangement changed 24hrs before departure?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't book White Rocks Hotel, Lassi through Thomson

This is the forum you should be posting on, not the UK

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g189457-i1615-Ce…

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't book White Rocks Hotel, Lassi through Thomson

Hi Solo,

As others mentioned, your topic was initially misplaced in the UK forums. We've moved it here, to the Cephalonia forums where it is appropriately placed and will be visible to other travelers interested in this hotel or booking service for it.

Thanks for participating and sharing your experience!

TA_Louise

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,761 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't book White Rocks Hotel, Lassi through Thomson

Suggest you take photos, and complain, complain and complain again in writing on your return. Advise them you are sending copies to national newspapers and watchdog etc etc. You will probably only get vouchers off another holiday with them but better than nothing.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
669 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't book White Rocks Hotel, Lassi through Thomson

Just enjoy your holiday and deal with it when you get back..

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Don't book White Rocks Hotel, Lassi through Thomson

Well, it's way better to be offered alternative accommodation than to have the entire holiday cancelled. It's not just Thomson, I assume other travel companies offer holidays to the White Rocks. Thomson were probably under the impression that the work would be finished in time which it obviously wasn't. They no doubt would rather wait till the last minute in the hope that the work would be completed rather than muck you about, but unfortunately, that's what they've had to do anyway.

By offering you, and you accepting, a different hotel you will pretty much waive any right to compensation, refund, or whatever, this will be there somewhere in the T & C's. The only possibility is that they might refund the difference if for example the hotel where you were relocated to is a lot cheaper than the White Rocks.

But, look on the bright side, you're on holiday, you've a bed to sleep in, just relax and sort it out when you get back home.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Don't book White Rocks Hotel, Lassi through Thomson

We're enjoying our stay in the Mediterranee which appears to have a better atmosphere and location. However it all depends on what you want and where you want to be. Nothing wrong with Thomson but when things go wrong they're slow to respond appropriately. Even their excursions and car hire are overpriced but I've got to say I've no complaint about the excursions we've been on. From what's advertised and the cost difference between the two hotels, the Mediterranee is towards the low end of 4T which the White Rocks appears to be upper 4T. All we really want is a reasonable refund for the difference between the two hotels and some compensation for our inconvenience. Until we get it, I post our experience through other travel media, e.g Richard Branson's Virgin, the Daily Mail, BBC's Watch Dog and even 'Don't get done get Dom'. I'm sure Trading Standards would agree Thomson have broken their terms of agreement by selling us a holiday which they knew was not available.

Get answers to your questions about Cephalonia