We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argostoli Restaurants

Leeds
Level Contributor
407 posts
6 reviews
Argostoli Restaurants

Hello - me again

When in Lassi (woooo I can't wait), my partner and I will definately be going into Argostoli for a nice meal and some drinks. Can anyone recommend a few good (easy to find) restaurants in Argostoli. and any good bars in Argostoli i should check out

thank x

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
1. Re: Argostoli Restaurants

Hi there

There's nothing really in Argostoli that you won't find on your doorstep in Lassi. Try Phaedra, Nefeli's and da Veronica's, all on the right on Lassi main street as you face Argostoli and all recommended. Best bars in Lassi are the Trentis and the So Simple, both on the left as you face Argostoli, very comfortable, great ambience, good background music but nothing OTT.

Leeds
Level Contributor
407 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Argostoli Restaurants

Thanks thats great I will definately try those out. Just in case i do go to a restaurant in Argostoli though, any good recommendations at all??

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,016 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Argostoli Restaurants

There are two areas to look around for restaurants.

1) In the main sq and around the streets leading off, main sq is just inland from the Lixouri ferry quay. There are, or were, a couple of decent places, one roughly in the left corner on entering the square and another on the left on the far side of the square basic and largely greek punters.

Down a side street off the right hand side past the 'Captains'.

These were the ones I tried they were all OK.

2) Go 200-300 yds down the road towards the new bus station, about half way is a clutch of tavernas, near to where the old bus station was/market area.

Bars are largely greek oriented, as few tourists stay in the capital, some are on the same square to the right, just past the Ainos hotel.

It has been a while since going to Kefalonia so I can't remember the names.

south wales
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Argostoli Restaurants

In Lassi try La Gondola the Tiramisu is the best dessert we have had anywhere. In Argostoli for a very cheap meal with the locals and plenty of atmosphere there is a tiny Gyros place on the left of the hotel in the main square- great fun and tasty. There is a great bar on the main shopping street in Argostoli with a roof terrace where you can watch the world go buy- sorry can't rememer the name but it's near a little shopping arcade with stone effect walls and a book shop in it.

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Argostoli Restaurants

Hi

we loved the Mastrato Ouzerie on the little shingle beach (Mastrato beach.) Just go through Argostoli towards Katavothres and you will see the taverna just next to a little quay area.

The squid and octopus were amazing and the Greek salad passed my fella's very strict test: he judges the olives (must be fat and juicy) the feta and how much oil is put on it!

Leeds
Level Contributor
407 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Argostoli Restaurants

Thanks it all sounds greeeat! will def look out for those places

Bristol
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Argostoli Restaurants

We've just returned from a week in Lassi (it's very hot there at the moment!). We spent half of our evenings in Lassi where there is plenty to choose from, but also enjoyed going to Argostoli for a bit of a change (it's only 5 Euros in a taxi). We enjoyed a place in Argostoli called Mythos restaurant - it's on Rizospaston on an opposite corner to Strada (which we also went to - it was nice, but not as good as Mythos). The menu at Mythos is very varied and is of very high quality and really good value. It's not typically 'Greek' but is definitely worth a visit. There are also a few bars along this street. Another good bar was in the Central Square and had pink furniture - the strawberry daiquiris were lovely!

The restaurants and bars in Lassi are more 'tourist oriented' which is fine but mainly they all serve the same food for similar prices.

8. Re: Argostoli Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 05, 2009