We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport shuttle bus and cafe near airport?

London, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Airport shuttle bus and cafe near airport?

I was looking at the bus timetable in Fiskardo today and it mentions getting a bus to Argostoli and then a shuttle to the airport. Is this a real thing now?

Also does anyone know if they’ve sill got the little pool closed at the bar/cafe outside the airport? This has always been an oasis of calm before the joining the Hokey Cokey through customs and entering the holding pen?

Edited: 1:35 pm, June 08, 2018
6 replies to this topic
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,578 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport shuttle bus and cafe near airport?

Hi,

Yes. It is real! The Argostoli bus from Fiscardo also has a great route going via Agia Efimia and Sami.

Just make sure you are looking at the correct timetable for the time of year. Here is a link to the website. Just click on routes then local then pick the correct time of year and Fiscardo or Argostoli etc.

http://www.ktelkefalonias.gr/en

I have not heard of the covered pool at Ikarus being opened yet. I have no evidence but I wonder if it is because of the dust created by the airport extension work.

Bob

Mentioned in this post
Fiscardo
Fiscardo
Cephalonia, Greece
Agia Efimia
Agia Efimia
Cephalonia, Greece
Sami
Sami
Cephalonia, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport shuttle bus and cafe near airport?

Thanks Bob, Sounds good. We’ll be getting a bus from Sami eventually so hopefully that will link in.

I think I read on here they had covered the pool to get more tables in now the cafe opposite had closed?

While I’m at it can you recommend any other island wide cab drivers. Sadly Dimitris, your regular recommendation and someone we’ve happily relied on for several years, is away in Athens.

I will throw in an subsidiary question too, Just booked a flight home on Norwegian Airlines in a couple of weeks time (great price) has any one had any experience with them? They don’t seem to issue online boarding passes, it may be because we have one hold bag? I note a new Spanish airline will also soon be doing the route, no wonder the airport is being renovated.

Mentioned in this post
Sami
Sami
Cephalonia, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport shuttle bus and cafe near airport?

Hi, yes you are right Vento closed & pool at Ikarus covered in Apr, if caroline b sees this hopefully she’ll update or friends will b there soon

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,578 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport shuttle bus and cafe near airport?

I will have a look on Tuesday when I arrive.

Wimborne Minster...
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport shuttle bus and cafe near airport?

The pool at Icarus is closed indefinitely.

Last week I heard one of the waitress telling someone it is a restaurant now and no longer swimming pool.

west london
Level Contributor
762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport shuttle bus and cafe near airport?

I’m sat in Ikarus now before heading home and the waitress said they are having problems with the police regarding the pool. She did not say what the problem was and just shrugged her shoulders.

Hoopsman

Reply to: Airport shuttle bus and cafe near airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cephalonia
;