We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Parga when it rains...

Liverpool, England
12 posts
Save Topic
What to do in Parga when it rains...

Hi,

I'm going to Parga on Sunday and the weather forecast is looking pretty bad. Thunder storms for week in fact.... Am I right in thinking that there's not much to do if the weather is poor?

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Parga when it rains...

Hi,

I assume by reading your previous post that you are staying at the Bella Vista Apartments. If you are, then I would suggest either using the Bella Vista mini bus to get into Parga or hiring a car - the apartments are quite a way out of town and the wet weather options at Lichnos are fairly limited. If you get into Parga you'll have the benefit of shops, bars and people watching BUT HOPEFULLY the weather will not remain poor all the time.

I shall be back in Parga from the 1st October and I'm optimistic about the weather but a car can make all the difference because there is so much to see in Epirus. The weather in this part of Greece is always changeable and after 12 years of visiting, usually twice a year, I have only had 2 holidays when it did'nt rain ---I still keep returning!!

There are numerous good places to eat in and around Parga but most people seem to be attracted to the harbourside tavernas. Perhaps the most reliable of these are Zorbas, Bacchos and To Souli where portions are generous and quality is consistant - they also offer a good selection of acceptable Greek dishes. If you like pizza and pasta then Ostria at the end of the harbour (below the castle) is the choice of lots of the Italians. Rudi's and Castello are so called "upmarket" but unless you like paying over the odds for "silver service" and very average food then I'd give them both a wide berth. In the back streets there are lots of really good tavernas and ouzeries - if you fancy a giro pitta there are good ones to be had almost anywhere. If you like food grilled over the charcoal I strongly recommend you try Sideris which is on the way into town from Lichnos - it is on the same side as the school and approx 100 metres nearer to town. This taverna stays open all year round and is one of the places where the locals go for grilled food.

I hope the weather's much better than you're expecting but I'm sure you'll still enjoy it.

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Lichnos beach
Lichnos beach
443 Reviews
Parga, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Restaurant Bacchos
Restaurant Bacchos
934 Reviews
Parga, Greece
Liverpool, England
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Parga when it rains...

ConnySir

Thanks very much for that. Someone else had told me about Bacchos so we'll definitely be giving that a go. I'm still really looking forward to it, but it's tempered slightly by the poor forecasts.

I'm also thinking of going to Sovita (excuse the spelling if that's wrong) - is that any good?

Mentioned in this post
Restaurant Bacchos
Restaurant Bacchos
934 Reviews
Parga, Greece
Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Parga when it rains...

Hi,

Sivota is a really delightful fishing village which has a strong Italian influence - no holiday in Epirus is complete for my wife and I unless we drive up to Sivota and we'll be there again when we return in a couple of weeks. There are several good places to have lunch along the harbourside and if you fancy a drink try the Bamboo Bar which is also on the harbourside - you will get a genuine warm welcome and a cocktail on the house, the non-alcoholic one is very good.

Regarding the rain - don't worry because Parga really is the sort of place whereit is'nt a major issue.

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
4. Re: What to do in Parga when it rains...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Parga