We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Alfa hotel and would you recommend?

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
697 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Location of Alfa hotel and would you recommend?

Looking at booking the Alfa for early September . Love Greece and have stayed mainly in Halkadiki, Zante and Skiathos when younger. Now need more of everything that is nearby and easy to get there walking, with still a feeling of authentic Greece-by-the-fab-sea . Mainly stayed in tavernas and small hotels in the past so want to know what you all feel about my hopeful option. Love Greek food too! Thank you.

Upton, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of Alfa hotel and would you recommend?

Hi. The Alpha is in a good Hotel in a Great location,10 min stroll to the harbour,but a quiet and peaceful area. It has its own restaurant which is very good,and my favorite taverna YANNIS is 3 mins walk . Sept is a good month to go,still nice and warm but not to hot so exploring walking is easier. Parga is a nice resort with plenty to see an do.

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of Alfa hotel and would you recommend?

You may be interested in the hotel's reviews on TA, if you have not already looked at them: tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189452-d6142…

I've not stayed at this hotel, but do note that the resort is rather hilly in places.

Upton, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of Alfa hotel and would you recommend?

The Alpha is on the flat so easy walking to the harbour or town,

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of Alfa hotel and would you recommend?

Hi the Alfa hotel is in a great location and the Five Senses restaurant is fantastic! If you are thinking of booking for September 2014 check if rooms are still available, and if they are book quick to avoid disappointment. When we were in Parga this September some people we met tried to book both with Thomson and direct with the hotel for September 2014 and the only room available was for the last week of September.

I'm sure you will enjoy Parga where ever you stay, just ask the Parga lovers on this forum!!!!

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of Alfa hotel and would you recommend?

If you can't get into the Alfa next September I would recommend you try the Rezi. It's a few hundred metres closer to the harbour. The Rezi doesn't have its own restaurant but serves good breakfasts, has a pool bar which does snacks and in my opinion the best tavernas in Parga are close by (especially Yannis).

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
697 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location of Alfa hotel and would you recommend?

Thanks all for your encouraging response and would also like to ask if walking to the nearest beach from the Alfa , which i think is Piso Crioneri, is easy and said to be 460m from the hotel. Loving that the Five Senses is at the Alfa as looked it up and very highly rated, although would love to get around the tavernas in the evening too. Like to spend time during the day 'in town' too and is this easy too ?

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Location of Alfa hotel and would you recommend?

Another vote for Rezi, we have stayed there, if Alfa is full. Very easy walk down the little road, 5 mins to Piso Krioneri, then 5 mins further on to the start of the beachfront promenade. Lots of good tavernas both in town along the harbour, in the little back streets, but also near Alfa is our favouriteYannis.

Spalding
Level Contributor
248 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Location of Alfa hotel and would you recommend?

As Gracie49 has said the 2 beaches are easy to get to from either location and there are a number of taverna's etc along the beachfront road on the flat, although my personal opinion is that some of the better ones are away from the front, but the area's where they are is in the main more hilly. Parga is in a mountainous region and the further you get away from the seafront the hillier it gets.

london
Level Contributor
709 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Location of Alfa hotel and would you recommend?

Hi,

We stayed at the Alfa last May for our first time to Parga.

Having read reviews on TA we had heard it had many repeat guests & found everyone including the hosts to be very friendly.

The food at the restaurant ,The Five Senses was excellent. There are restaurants nearby for a change ,which seemed also to be very popular. Lovely pool & garden area at the back which was a plus.

We stayed on a half board basis & were not disappointed,the food was beautiful & very fresh.

It's only a short walk to the harbour past some more lovely restaurants & bakeries.

I'm asthmatic & can sometimes find walking not so easy but not so from the Alfa.

All in all we had such a lovely holiday we are returning there next year with friends. Can't wait!

Leo

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Location of Alfa hotel and would you recommend?

We stayed quite a bit further out than Alfa and even then it was perfect for getting into town. My 17 yr old son next year wants to stay somewhere like that, where it's quiet but you can walk into the action when you want.

Piso Krioneri may not be your first choice of beach - as you can guess from the name the water is very cold from the springs - but it's not far to the next where the water is warmer.

It's a lovely location. The hills are optional when you stay that end of town, but it's certainly worth walking up to the castle one day.

Get answers to your questions about Parga
Recent Conversations