We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free sunbeds

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
393 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Free sunbeds

Does anyone know of any free sunbeds on the beach? I know some places may do this if you buy a drink etc??

Thanks,

JD

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free sunbeds

Hi. On Valtos at the far end there is a white bar,cannot remember the name,if you buy a drink the sunbeds there are free,first time I saw this bar two years ago it nearly burnt the retinas out of my eyes it was so white.

Have a nice time,we will be there in September,go every year.

Anne..

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
44 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free sunbeds

Said bar is Cape North (used to be Tropicana) but they did charge during just August last year. Outside of that you just had to buy a coffee, beer etc; V nice sunbeds, lovely bar but a favourite with the young trendy set in high season so can be noisy!

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
393 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free sunbeds

If I'm on Valtos Beach I often sit near Cape North West but I am going in August :-(

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free sunbeds

Last year in May/June we had a meal at the very last taverna on Lichnos beach & they were free. This year they were only opening when we were there at same time, had a meal at ?Coralli & sunbeds free.

greece
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Free sunbeds

i visited parga in june and i we will go again in 2 weeks.we went for swiming on valtos beach and there are no free sunbeds.3 eyros one sunbed and 2eyros the obrellas

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
393 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free sunbeds

Yep that's probably the case.....I just hoped someone might know of a place doing a deal. It just mounts up everyday and can be a really big expense it can be easily over 100 Euro for my two weeks holiday I know on some holidays I have been on if you buy a beer you get the sunbeds for free at certain places. I may just buy umbrellas, I did that last year on Valtos beach.

I will go up to Lichnos at least once and I know Connysir said that a place there probably the place Gracie mentions that was free though I think he said that they had been forced to charge to pay a local tax or something from the council.

Thanks anyway :-)

Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
827 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Free sunbeds

The place that ConnieSir mentioned is at the opposite end of the beach at Lichnos to Parga. It's called Paleria. Sadly, this year Stakis has had to let his franchise for the sunbeds go, due to the council charges. There is now a charge for sunbeds there. The nearest place I know for free sunbeds is the Loca bar at Ammoudia, and many places at Loutsa also have free sunbeds. Maybe you should invest your 100 euros in car or scooter hire ?

Level Contributor
65 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Free sunbeds

We went to karavastasi beach last june/july and the beds were free if you brought a drink. The girl went off on her push bike to where the bar was and brought the drinks back.

Dont know if they will still be free in august this year. 8 days and counting cant wait.

derby
Level Contributor
589 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Free sunbeds

if anyone finds any during their upcoming hols please update thanks !

Redcar, United...
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
851 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Free sunbeds

Hi Spadge,

Steveandsue' comments ref. Ammoudia give good info. We drove their several times in June and never paid for a bed, just bought a coke and a beer. Ammouidia is only about 20 mins away and the beach is a lot less crowded. Going in the opposite direction towards Sivota, we also went to Mega Amos which is very well organised and again the beds are free with a drink.

Get answers to your questions about Parga