We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Parga for us?

london
Level Contributor
202 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Is Parga for us?

Hi Guys .

I have had my eye on Parga for a while now.. I love Greece and it looks beautiful.

Not wanting 18-30s (as we are 40!) but like to go to a few bars after a nice meal and have a slighty lively atmosphere around us.

We love Lindos in Rhodes/Kassoipi in Corfu and Ag Nik in Crete, so that gives you an idea of the type of thing we are after.

Also while I have your attention the apartments I like to look of Irini Studios but as we only have a week I am concerened they might be a bit far from everything.

Thanks in advance :-)

Julie

Edited: 1:14 pm, April 24, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Irini Studios
Irini Studios
129 Reviews
Parga, Greece
Delizie
$$ - $$$, Italian, Pizza, European
The Meeting Place
$, Mediterranean, Greek
Agali Restaurant
$$ - $$$, Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,489 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Is Parga for us?

No I didn't have a terrible time, and as I said in my previous post I really enjoyed our visit to Meteora which was amazing, but thank you for your concern :-) we did manage to find one taverna that sold meze and

I mentioned in this post

tripadvisor.co.uk/…48919095

So if you are interested in visiting it then I can recommend the meze :-)

Kingston upon Hull
6 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Is Parga for us?

Bit puzzled! didn't see what post before last said before it was removed!

worcestershire
Level Contributor
213 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Is Parga for us?

I hope you find somewhere Julie, we have been to many places on the Greek Islands and are returning to Parga for the 3rd time this year. We love the laid back feel, people, food and beaches of Greece, but Parga is the only place we really considere returning to apart from Keffalonia. We like the fact that you can vary the the experience, different beach different days, cocktails up at the Castle or a chilled glass of rose in a bar out of the way or a beer in the heart of the hustle and busstle in the town. A car gives you some freedom to get a round, the Acheron River is one of our favourite places but there are many places to explore, also some good boat trips. We are a little older than you, but still like a bit of atmosphere, and some nice bars to people watch. We booked for our trip in July last July, just over a year ahead, we then watched the prices gradually rise. It is true that holidays to Greece this year are higher and unfortunately think this is not going to change, but as we have no alternative to go in the peak 2 weeks we are used to that and like to be very choosy about where we stay so are prepared to pay the price. I really hope you get to try it out.

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Acheron River
Acheron River
1,266 Reviews
Parga, Greece
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Is Parga for us?

Hey, I must have said something which offended you, as my post was removed. I'm sorry if I did offend, honestly none was intended. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I loved Parga, it was just what we were looking for, but I'm sure it is not for everyone.

We are going back in July, I just hope it is a good as it was last time.

I hope you have a great time wherever you are going, Crete wasn't it?

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Preveza
Destination Expert
for Parga, Preveza
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Is Parga for us?

Jungtheforeman - I missed that post - why was it removed .... what did you say LOL

26. Re: Is Parga for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Parga