We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beach

York
Level Contributor
147 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
The Beach

Lovely to see so many people enjoying the beach today, it must be getting warmer

Upton, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Beach

Yes I agree. But it will look better when they start putting out the sunbeds , I will pick my pitch then ;)

York
Level Contributor
147 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Beach

when do the sunbeds go out?

Upton, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Beach

Usually beginning of May , It's quite funny to watch the fuss an time it takes , bet they have never heard off a time an motion study . ( but hey what's the rush ) :)

London
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Beach

Hi subu, nice to see you on the Parga forum. We are going 2nd June for 2 weeks cannot wait. But as you know with your help am going to Skiathos for our first trip 1st week September. I will be on the forum asking lots of questions nearer the time so get your brain in gear!!!! Jo

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Beach

Last year there was a "little discord" amongst the sunbed operators which meant a lack of them for visitors at the onset of the season - I can't understand the logic as no sunbeds means no money for them.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Beach

Last year we arrived in Parga on the 3rd of May for 2 weeks and didn't see any sunbeds in that time. Even when we arrived home, I looked at the webcam regularly and it seemed a couple of weeks before they appeared!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Beach

JubileeLine, as ConnySir says above, there was some dispute with the operators of the sunbeds last year so they were late putting them out. Like him I find that a bit weird from a business perspective because they missed out on revenue.

There's at least 20 people on the beach at the moment - so it's already getting a little busier.

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
683 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Beach

We are off to Parga for a fortnight on the 12th of May so have been keeping an eye on the webcams and weather forecasts. Has anybody noticed that the current forecast for May (Accuweather) show a maximum temperature of about 18C whereas last year the temperatures were in the high 20s. Was last year unusually warm at this time of year or is it really a lot cooler this year ?

York
Level Contributor
147 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Beach

20 people on which beach cannot see anyone on the beach on sol website, anyone on Valtos

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Beach

>> 20 people on which beach

It was town beach - but an hour before you posted your reply. A few people were part way into the sea and it looked like one swimmer. I assume the water is fairly cold at the moment.

You ask about Valtos - is there a camera working for there at the moment?

Get answers to your questions about Parga
Recent Conversations