We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap restaurants in parga

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
cheap restaurants in parga

Am going to parga this June for a week. Does anyone know off any good and reasonably cheap restaurants. Thanks

Preveza
Destination Expert
for Parga, Preveza
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap restaurants in parga

What is your idea of cheap/reasonable? Most tavernas are reasonably priced (approx 8 euro for main like pork chops etc) - restaurants more expensive. Avoid eating fish (apart from sardines) which tend to be very expensive. If you really want to eat out reasonably either go for pitta gyro or stick to main dish and Greek salad with house wine. If you are with a big 'beer drinker' then this tends to push the bill up (I know from experience with my lovely husband!)

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap restaurants in parga

Good morning asimenia - how true it is about the beer pushing the price up. You know what drinks Mrs C and I favour but as you say it is cheaper to order the house wine. The cost of eating out has always been a plus point for Parga and remains so.

manchester
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap restaurants in parga

Thank you for your reply. I can't wait to go what we're your favourite restaurants..

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap restaurants in parga

There are some expensive restaurants but it's more what you eat than where you eat that determines the bill. How about a couple of nights as suggested with gyro then some of the cheaper dishes in almost any restaurant away from the harbour front.

Don't order too much, keep it simple, perhaps you might want 2 starters and no main or to share a few dishes. Try zouzoukakia or local sausage, some of the lower priced options can be great. As the poster above says, 2 meals, one salad with great bread, loads of local wine isn't going to be really expensive anywhere.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,162 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap restaurants in parga

Hi there

To be honest I didn't think that the food in parga was expensive, but that said I am used to eating meze in Greece which I had problems finding in parga, by meze I mean no starter or main course you just order 4 or 5 different dishes which you share, and thevfoodvall arrives at the same time.... this is the way that locals eat in many of the Greek islands but didn't seem to be popular in parga..... The only place I found proper meze was golfo restaurant , usually this is a cheap way to eat and of course order the village wine which comes by the jug rather than the bottle.

Preveza
Destination Expert
for Parga, Preveza
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap restaurants in parga

Parga/Epirus does have mezedes .... Preveza (for example) is full of such bars - but the difference is we (the locals) don't expect to pay for them! That's why you won't find too many in a tourist areas. Also I've found going to a 'paying' mezadopoulio (spelling???) can work out more expensive than a main meal.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,162 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap restaurants in parga

Ah thats where we went wrong :-) didn't have a car so were restricted to parga.... Yes it does seem different in the islands we have resaurants that only sell mezes, different to the small tapas type plates that you get free with your drinks as you describe.... Many of our local restaurants provide you with a pad a paper with a pre printed list o mezes and you just tick how many you want.... These restaurants aren't in tourist areas ... It's interesting to see the difference between the main land and the islands and makes for interesting dining :-)

8. Re: cheap restaurants in parga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Parga