We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dracos Aparthotel, Parga

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Dracos Aparthotel, Parga

Hello

Just looking at the Dracos hotel for Summer 2013, and was wondering with the 800m distance to the centre of Parga, is it a flat walk or is it up the hill people often talk about?

Thanks

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dracos Aparthotel, Parga

Hi Stretz and welcome to TA and especially the Parga forum,

The Dracos is on a hill (down into town - up on return) but the road section is not too bad, however, the last section from the road to the hotel is quite steep.

The 800 mtrs distance is a bit ambitious for the centre of town - I would say 1000 mtrs +.

If you search DRACOS in the search engine above this question you'll get a load of feed back.

Hope this is helpful.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dracos Aparthotel, Parga

Ok thanks a lot that's great, i'll have a look at the other posts :)

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
281 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dracos Aparthotel, Parga

Hi Stretz - agree with ConnySir as above. We found the walk into centre of town pleasant and from memory a 20 minute stroll - it is relatively flat, but becomes slightly more inclined on the main road back to the Dracos and as you leave the road there is a short but steep climb back to the apartments. However, it is well worth the walk, the Dracos is lovely, accommodation is really good and spotlessly clean. Also has a very nice bar and pool area and a gorgeous little chapel in the grounds. It is very peaceful too, with views from the front rooms across the olive groves. To the back of the building you have private homes and land with horses and donkeys! I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dracos Aparthotel, Parga

That sounds brilliant! We're not too bothered about the walk into town, just wanted to check it wasn't too steep and is safe enough to be walking back late at night. Do you know how much a taxi would be back to the Dracos from the centre if need be?

We stayed in Santorini last year and Parga looks to have a similar set up; lovely scenery, beaches and enough night life but still remaining traditional.

Thank you for all your responses!

liverpool
Level Contributor
124 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dracos Aparthotel, Parga

Great place to stay ,only about 10 mins walk.

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dracos Aparthotel, Parga

Hi,

We are booked for Dracos for May next year. Last twice we stayed at Valtos, & I think that's the hill you are referring to, steep incline to the top, then broad steps down to Parga's waterfront. Then the same going back at night. We are in our 50's & did it most nights, so I'm sure the walk from Dracos won't be so bad!

Abertridwr, United...
Level Contributor
438 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dracos Aparthotel, Parga

Hi Stretz definitely safe enough to walk back we did it many times in June this year, we walked back to Zozefina's which is a little bit further on again from Dracos and on the odd occasion that we did have a taxi back the cost was only four euros, very reasonable!

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
281 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dracos Aparthotel, Parga

Valtos Bay is the other end of Parga and a different hill (up to the castle and over and down into the town). Dracos is the other end of Parga, not far down from the Fire Station and close to the football ground. If you are on a package and coming in on the coach, Lichnos beach first and then Adams and Zozefina, Lambrini and Irinni and then on down for Akis Studios and then Dracos. There may be stops for other properties depending who you are travelling with. The walk from Dracos into town is down a short hill to the main road and then a pleasant and flat walk into town. From memory, around 15-20 minute stroll (not hike) into the centre of town. If you want to then go up to the castle and over and down to Valtos, you will need to add another 10 minutes'ish - depending on walking speed. From the town back to Dracos again a pleasant and flat walk, however, the main road does start to incline gruadually and then when you turn left off the main road up to Dracos, there is a short and steep climb to the apartments. To be honest, we never taxi back as the walk helps to burn off the Ouzo!!

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dracos Aparthotel, Parga

bbparga,

<<The walk from Dracos into town is down a short hill to the main road and then a pleasant and flat walk into town.>>

I think you are correct in your assumption that the "hill" referred to is on the Valtos side but the main road section is hardly flat. During my last two stays in Parga I've been in the company of two people who suffered from different disabilities (one with knee and hip problems and the other with breathing difficulties) and this route has caused problems for both - a gentle slope it may be but flat it is not; the same can be said for Ag. Athanasiou St. leading up to the Taverna Perivoli. I don't wish to sound pedantic but having witnessed the problems caused by both these routes for my friends I thought it prudent to mention the fact.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dracos Aparthotel, Parga

Thanks for all your messages, seems like the Dracos will be a perfect choice for our stay and the taxi ride back if we need to is very cheap so its an option.

Cant wait to get booked!

Get answers to your questions about Parga