We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parga Weather Yesterday/Today

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Parga Weather Yesterday/Today

Looking at the two welcomes the weather has not been so good yesterday and again today. All the sunbeds on town beach were put away around lunchtime (local) yesterday and they've not been put out again. All the boats aren't at the jetty presumably because the sea is choppy.

I hope normal service resumes soon! We go out a week on Sunday.

wigan
Level Contributor
83 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parga Weather Yesterday/Today

just looked on the webcam,OMG blackpool weather

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
881 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parga Weather Yesterday/Today

Yes we are in Parga now. Terrible storm last night. Loads of rain, spectacular lightening and thunder. More of same today. Confined to barracks. No coke to go with Bacardi. Hope it picks up soon. Hot and sunny earlier in week.

Yiamass , Jean.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parga Weather Yesterday/Today

I hope it gets better for you!

We had a bad storm one day in 2010 on October 6th. Some of the heaviest rain we had ever seen and thunder/lightning. The lightning set fire to someone's house too! It did clear the next day but that day remained overcast and wet.

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parga Weather Yesterday/Today

It's forecast to be warm and sunny the rest of the week - then rain on 23rd September (the day we go - hooray). A couple of fine sunny days then rain on 26th Sept....... which could all be hogwash ..... the weather changes so frequently I don't see how it can be predicted days, or even weeks, in advance (unless you live in the Arctic Circle or the Sahara Desert)

Have Fun

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parga Weather Yesterday/Today

We go on the 23rd too Taisy (from Manchester with Thomas Cook). I don't mind it raining that day as we won;t get there until late. I hope you're right about the sunny days and wrong about the rain ;-)

Where do you check the forecast for Parga BTW?

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parga Weather Yesterday/Today

Hi rtj70

We're on the afternoon Thomson (1.25) flight from Manchester. Picking up car at Preveza and staying central at our favourite Dallas Studios.

I check the weather on Accuweather but, like all forecasts, take it with a pinch of salt. If it rains, it rains - and we've been in some awesome storms. Just batten down the hatches and try to enjoy the spectacle. We've had some really good times out in nearby tavernas when it has been storming - or even sitting on the balcony, with the awning down, watching it.

It'll clear up eventually and then be back to nice warm sunshine. Take a brolly !!

Have Fun

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parga Weather Yesterday/Today

I referred to terrible rain in Parga in October 2010 earlier. That was nothing to the rain we saw in Lesvos (Anaxos) in May thus year. The roads were rivers (literally). It was rain of biblical proportion.

I like you confidence and being a frequent visitor (at this time of year) you must have some confidence in the weather :-)

We're out at Valtos so more limited on options when it's raining.

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
881 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parga Weather Yesterday/Today

Well its fine now. We r enjoying Greek night at Irini.

Big clean up in town this afternoon. Sea has been over wall at beach and prom. Its a bit cooler anyway. Sure normal service will be resumed soon.

Yiamass Jean.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parga Weather Yesterday/Today

Well the weather certainly is good so far. Sat at the hotel Sol having a drink looking out at the cruise shop l'Australia. Nice.

should have got in touch with taisy before I left UK. Just round the corner from Dallas studios at the moment.

10. Re: Parga Weather Yesterday/Today

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 28, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Parga