We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very busy at night..............

Lancashire
Level Contributor
350 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Very busy at night..............

We have just had a week in Parga. Had done loads of TA research before going. We stayed a Lemona Studios just off the main road. Lovely owner Anna. Only 5 min walk to town & beach but lovely & quiet away from the hustle & bustle at night.

Weather fab all week - very hot & no rain!! Didn't bother with the town beaches but went to Valtos almost every day & Lichnos another day using water taxis for both - a great way to travel.

Ate some gorgeous food. Zakis great for atmosphere but Anna recommended Oyzeri Agypie?? , Sodia & Perivoli - all lovely.

All in all a lovely holiday but the only observation I have is that I found it too crowded in the evenings. There were so many people wandering about. Personally I would just prefer somewhere a little less busy eg went to Kokkari in Samos last year which had a more relaxed feel in the evenings.

Parga itself is a very pretty town - try the Green Bakery for breakfast provisions & delicious bread! Really lovely holiday - does any one else agree with me about the business in the evenings??

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very busy at night..............

LOL,

You have the catch 22 situation, one of the greatest resorts in Greece, loved by Greeks, Germans, Italians, Brits etc, is bound to be very busy in the mid season.

We love Parga in May and Oct, ,just as lovely but quieter, the weather is less severe, and the hospitality, Food, views are all the same. Try May or early June, you will love it.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very busy at night..............

I totaly agree with Roy,if you can get to Parga May.June .Sept or Oct it's just as lovely but that bit quieter in the evenings,we love it.

Edited: 3:32 am, September 10, 2012
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very busy at night..............

We love Parga too. Just under 2 weeks to go. We go in late Sept because we know it's busy and we don't like it too hot. A risk of some rain but we'd prefer to take the risk.

Looking at the web cams I notice there are fewer parasols on town beach but in the evening there were many people walking past the other web came. Looked a bit busy to me.

I bet you go back though.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very busy at night..............

And I should have said, you can save a many pounds on the holiday cost. compared to August. Extra spends.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Very busy at night..............

We were there the last week of August this year and agree it was very busy at night and very hot! We have booked the independent route next year via flight to Corfu and then ferry over and are going for 9 days at the end of may early june which is our preferred time to visit, not to mention it is going to cost us substantially less than what the tour operators were quoting.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Very busy at night..............

HI all

Just back from Parga on my first visit, yes it was busy at night, but we never had a problem getting a table in any of the restaurants that we wanted to eat in...

Spalding
Level Contributor
248 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Very busy at night..............

Interestingly the price we were being quoted for May BH next year was as much if not more than we paid in August BH this year. We also prefer May or September, but previous constraints have ruled these out for the last few years. However, we have now booked next year's flights to Corfu and expect the whole package to come up at less £1000 for 3 of us and we could rent a car in that! Minimum for package was £1400. Having said that we got in very early on the Easyjet flight release.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Very busy at night..............

We're off this September 23rd for two weeks with Thomas Cook. Cost £586 for the two of us. We did book it last November and it's fairly basic accommodation but that doesn't bother us.

But if three of you go via Corfu and the £1000 covers the ferry crossings and transport from the port to Parga and back, that's not bad.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
350 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Very busy at night..............

We did go in Sept - 2nd -9th. Didn't have a problem getting a table but too crwded for my liking thats all but was still a brill holiday.

Redcar, United...
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
783 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Very busy at night..............

Hi, have to agree with the early/late months for a visit. I have been lucky enough to have been in Parga in every month from May through to October and it is so much more relaxing in the low season and as RoyB said, a lot cheaper. There are some bargains still to be had with the package deals but they are often only available for a couple of days so there is a bit of luck involved in logging in at the right time. 2 weeks for me (and Linda) at Villa Andreas on 30th Sept. £800 total with Thomson. Add a car to that and i'm in Parga in 50 mins from collecting the luggage. The roads are quiet in May/June and Sept./Oct. and parking in Parga in the high season in almost impossible unless you stay on the outskirts or you are allocated private parking.

Get answers to your questions about Parga
Recent Conversations