We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in Parga

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Getting married in Parga

Getting married in Parga on 31st July 2012. Never been before but the inlaws have and from what I have read, it sounds like we have made the right choice. We've booked our accommodation and Christine Vekios is on board as our co-ordinator so we have a few venues in mind but I would love any additional advice or recommendations from those who love Parga. Ideas on ceremony and reception venues would be great. Any places you think would be really special. I would love to hear from anyone else who has been married there too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Getting married in Parga

Wow having read this thread I may decide on Parga and Christine for my wedding too. We are only just starting to plan but were thinking the med, maybe Greece or Italy (didn't want Maldives or anything too contrived) so sounds perfect. Also thought of getting married on a yacht so could look at that too.

Will only be a small one tho me and my sis and niece and groom and his grown up daughter as we have no other family.

Would love to see the pictures!!

Good luck I'm sure it will be fabulous!!

x

Warrington
Level Contributor
131 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Getting married in Parga

Congratulations! How wonderful, I can't imagine anywhere more lovely to be getting married. We will be in Parga at the same time so will look out for you xx

Preveza
Destination Expert
for Parga, Preveza
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Getting married in Parga

Have a wonderful day and an excellent married life! Let us see some photos and please let us know how everything turned out! xx

Tuil
Level Contributor
100 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Getting married in Parga

We got married 3 years ago in Parga, if there is anything I can help you with, just let me know!

We had our marriage on the 30th July at the island (Greek Orthodox wedding). Christine has been with us all the way and it was a great peasure. We had around 100 people coming over and have wonderful memories.

If you feel to get more information, just drop me a private email!

Enjoy the preparations!

Monique

Warrington
Level Contributor
131 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Getting married in Parga

Hi Monique! I remember seeing you in your beautiful dress x

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Getting married in Parga

For those that were interested in my wedding photos, I have placed some under a review of Christo Taverna at Sarakinko. It was the such a lovely day. I can definitely recommend it as a venue and would recommend using Christine Vekios as a wedding co-ordinator. Loved Parga so much that we are booked to go back again next year!

Gothenburg, Sweden
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Getting married in Parga

Hello, me and my fiance wish to get married in Parga this summer. We checked around how it works, and I understand there are only a Swedish priest who consecrates Swedish couple in Greece. Unfortunately, he does not perform weddings in Parga and is also out of town during the summer. Is it possible get married in another way, such as with Greek priest or mayor? How have you done? Sincerely, Ellen

Tuil
Level Contributor
100 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Getting married in Parga

Dear Ellen,

We got married in Parga in 2009 having a marriage in front of the church. This is only possible in case one of you is Greek Orthodox. In case of a civil marriage there is no certain restrictions, just taking care of the right paperwork.

Regards, Monique

Bristol, United...
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: Getting married in Parga

hi. could anyone answer a few questions.

i am hoping to get married in parga next year 2014 and would like to know from people who have got married out there if you were able to chose the date of your wedding(once the venue was booked) before you got there for your wedding.

many thanks

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Getting married in Parga

Hi Paula g, the date of your wedding will be determined by the dates the Mayor from the town hall is free to conduct your wedding. Unless you're Greek Orthodox, you can't have a church wedding. Once you have this organised then you can think of a venue. Are you going to use a wedding coordinator out there to sort this out for you? You might also want to look into the day that the flights arrive and calculate 8-10 days from that as you have to be resident for at least 7 days in Greece before you can marry. I was able to get an exact date whilst in the UK and issued invites to my guests which was nice. I used Christine Vekios as my coordinator and she was great.

Get answers to your questions about Parga