We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

doreta beach-trip to turkey

england
13 posts
Save Topic
doreta beach-trip to turkey

hi am planning to book this holiday with my partner but am not sure now that i read the reviews. Am usually quite fussy as to where am stayin.Last year i booked our holiday to corfu and stayed at Corfu Holiday Palace & Bungalows by Kanoni Beach. It was an amazing hotel, food great, room service great, air-con, private beach was xcellent xcept for the grumpy pool man that tried his best to smile.

all inclusive usually sounds bad, but i had a feelin maybe this one maybe good. I plan to book wit lastminute.com, as it suggests to take a day tour to turkey.

Did any of you plan a trip to turkey?If, so was it any good or does it even exist?

Thanks

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: doreta beach-trip to turkey

Hi

My personal feelings (having been AI a couple of times) are that all-inclusive tends to limit you to a certain extent. You tend to eat in the hotel all the time on the basis of "I've paid for it, so I'll eat it" and tend to spend less time outside of the complex. It makes you into a bit of a clock watcher too.

Bear in mind that AI is limited to local drinks such as wine, ouzo and beer, and snacks rather than limitless meals. We have always since then gone self-catering and enjoyed ourselves far, far more by dining at local restaurants and really getting a feel for the area rather than relying on the hotel to provide for our every whim. Each to their own of course and if that's the route you intend taking , then I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Regarding day trips to Turkey, they are widely available from Rhodes either by tour boat or as a scheduled service. One tip would be to arrange the Turkey trip yourself rather than via the tour operator who will add on a hefty commission for their cut of the deal.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,488 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: doreta beach-trip to turkey

It's not the best hotel on the island but not bad and usually pretty good value for money. If you're getting a goood deal at lastminute.com then go for it. If you're looking for a more upmarket all inclusive on this coast then the Atlantica Princess in Ixia takes some beating but it will definitely be a pricier option.

As for Turkey i agree with GB, wait until you arrive and book it yourself for the best price. You travel to Marmaris which has a pleasant beach, good shopping and some v nice harbourside restaurants. Either way make sure you book the hydrofoil rather than a boat journey, it only takes 45 mins giving you a full day to explore.

3. Re: doreta beach-trip to turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 12, 2009