We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from Fanes

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
14 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions from Fanes

Hi, staying at Nautica Blue in July. Family of four looking to get out and about, boat trips,beaches visits to historical sites etc. Any advice on where to go and rough idea of prices. Would prefer to put some money into the local economy by buying tickets in the local town/harbour, rather than through the hotel.

Cheers

Sandy

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
457 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Excursions from Fanes

I would advise to move hotels. We stayed at the nautica blue and it was awful, worse than you can imagine, we finally got to move hotels 3 days in. No ones rooms are ready, we had no where to sleep the first night, rooms aren't finished, wires sticking out the wall. Electricity sticking out the ground on the grass, pipes and fridges dumped on the grass. Our room door was broken so we had to move then the bath flooded the whole room. Food was disgusting and never any plates and staff are so rude and unhelpful

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Excursions from Fanes

We thank yo for the review.

Unfortunately we think you stayed in another hotel. The Nautica Blue is ready and operates smoothly from July 2009. Apologies for any inconvenience...

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
457 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Excursions from Fanes

I definitely stayed at the nautica blue and will happily share photos of the hotel! I have made a formal complaint to my travel company an will be making a full review on trip advisor and will be taking this to watchdog!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Excursions from Fanes

Was it really that bad ? We are due to travel in September..

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
457 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Excursions from Fanes

I'm sorry to say it was. We had no where to stay the first night so we had to sleep on floor in my brothers room. Then we got a room the door was broken, couldn't open it or lock it. Then we got another rooms and the bath wasn't connected and the bathroom was open plan so it floods the whole room and we asked reception to fix it and they sai the engineer can't so they will send a maid everyday...! My brothers room no air conditioning just a wire sticking out of wall, no switch just a wire, fridge broken and replaced twice and still broken. The grounds are lovely apart from the dumped pipes, fridges, materials, broken wire boxes and various other hazards. The food is disgusting and I am not normally fussy as I know all inclusive food isn't normally great. There was never any plates or cups and they always ran out of food. We move to another hotel on the third day as it made us all so upset especially when we spoke to reflection on various occasions who laughed at us and walked away. As we was going everyone was being told they either didn't have a room or it wasn't ready. I am happy to share pictures if you give me your email address. I would honestly advise moving your hotel now

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Excursions from Fanes

OMG....who did you book with ? Did you have resort rep ? I hope you logged the compliant whilst you were there. I will private message you my email address. Going to speak with our travel agent first thing tomorrow.

Ann

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
457 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Excursions from Fanes

I've got your private message and will respond in a min but just put on here so people know aswell.

We booked through jetline/you travel and we did have a rep who had a huge go at reception and got us moved hotels. Even the reception staff ignored the rep! Thomas cook rep was there and even those customers were being told there was no room and everyone was waiting in recpetion

18. Re: Excursions from Fanes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 19, 2014