We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shops in Rhodes?

Moscow
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shops in Rhodes?

Going to Rhodes to stay in Aldemar Village Hotel with a friend who is constantly asking me what kind of shopping to expect there as for presents, clothes and so on.

So, anyone to describe or recommend?

Big thanks.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shops in Rhodes?

As far as I can see, Aldemar Village Hotel is in the Koskinou village. You have to go into town, where there are lots of shops.

Items like Lacoste etc. are frequent sales objects, but I still find them quite expensive. However, there are many choices in Rhodes town if you go shopping.

Be aware of the shops in Old Town, where there are shopkeepers "throwing you in", offering drinks etc. to promote a sale - this especially counted for furs and the likes.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Shops in Rhodes?

Just opposite of your hotel there is a small shopping center. The most there are coffee shops but there is and one with handmade bracelets,earings etc from stone(the name of the shop is Karidis)and it is very famous in Rhodes. However there is no much shopping in the area, the most and better shops are in Rhodes Town (your hotel is around 6km out of the town)but there are a lot of busses from your hotel to Rhodes.

Good Luck

SUSSEX
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shops in Rhodes?

We are staying at the Aldemar also, end June - early July, from the reviews I've been able to find it looks like being a nice hotel, but I have been trying to find out what alternative evening entertainment there is outside the hotel without heading into Rhodes Town. I would also be interested to know whether cycling is very popular in the area, are the roads very cycle friendly does any one know

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shops in Rhodes?

It is easy to cycle along the coastline, but as soon as you leave the coast you will meet many hills and mountains. You should be OK cycling to town and return, or to Faliraki etc.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,488 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shops in Rhodes?

Just make sure you wear cycle helmets and are very aware. Tourists in hire cars are often taking in the views, studying the map and are not always as observant as they should be of other road users. That said a cycle is one of the best ways into Rhodes Town