We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meds ....

Level Contributor
17 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Meds ....

Hi all , can anyone please help .

Just heard on the radio about bringing banned medicines into Greece . I've searched online can't find anything . I take tremmadol for my knees was worried is this safe to bring in . Don't fancy Greek jail lol

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
7 replies to this topic
UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meds ....

Bring your meds in the original packaging, a copy of your prescription, and a letter from your doctor stating that this medicine is prescribed for you. You can only bring two packs of any one medicine, if you need more during your stay you can show your doctor's letter to a local doc and ask them to prescribe more.

Having said that, it's very unlikely that you'll be searched at the airport.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meds ....

You say you can’t find anything online, do check the spelling of your meds when googling as I think the “tremmodol” you refer to might actually be TRAMODOL.

In which case you might find this article helpful.

https:/…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meds ....

I agree, I don't think customs are too bothered if you have a prescription. Nine times out of ten, Greek customs never gave me a second look; the only time they were interested in me was coming from a Turkish ferry and they were just interested if I was importing cigarettes and even then it was a cursory look.

Level Contributor
17 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meds ....

Thanks for your help

Level Contributor
17 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meds ....

I do apologise for my spelling, you obviously knew what I meant , what a petty life you must lead x

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meds ....

You should be ok, my wife had more aggro getting her prescription meds out of the uk than into greece...

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meds ....

Make sure you have your prescription, and the meds in their original packaging, also a letter from your GP ( on headed paper) if possible

That way your meds cannot be confiscated, you cannot be fined or end up in a Grrek prison.

Tramadol is an Opiate and therefore banned in many countries

Edited: 5:31 pm, June 07, 2018
Reply to: Meds ....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;