We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pefkos - For young couples?

west midlands
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pefkos - For young couples?

Hi

I am looking to book a 2 week holiday to pefkos in July. I was just wondering if it was right for us? how many bars are there? is there a good selection of restaurants? and how long does it take to get to lindos? We like a traditional greek feel to a holiday, but at the same time like a bit of hustle and bustle and do like to stay out later than 10pm on a few nights. Also is the beach as nice as what i have heard it is?

Would love for some feedback

Thanks

Kate x

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,107 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pefkos - For young couples?

Hi,

You won't get a traditional greek feel in either place, both Pefkos and Lindos are essentially all Brits together resorts. By far the best selection of interesting bars are in Lindos itself. Lindos or Pefkos beaches are good but very crowded.

Pefkos is more a place for people with kids, as a couple, Lindos would be preferable.

west midlands
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pefkos - For young couples?

Thanks for that, i will have a look into lindos then. The problem i have been having is either the resort is too lively (faliraki) or too quiet, just trying to find somewhere in the middle.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pefkos - For young couples?

cant really agree with previous post. There are PLENTY of british tourists, but the greek flavour is still strong, not like some other med resorts where the fish and chips/ english breakfast has taken over. We went to Pefkos for our friends wedding as a couple without our kids, and enjoyed. There are some really nice beaches, although pefkos beach is fine you can find much better if you have a car. Drive south, and not far past lardos there is a lovely one (3 0r 4 miles) cant recall name right now. Tsambika on the way north is good too, and on the other coast there are some lovely coves in places. Prssonissi in the far south is also worth a visit for the dramatic setting and watersports (which are breathtaking just to watch.. kite boarding at sunset!!)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pefkos - For young couples?

cant really agree with previous post. There are PLENTY of british tourists, but the greek flavour is still strong, not like some other med resorts where the fish and chips/ english breakfast has taken over. We went to Pefkos for our friends wedding as a couple without our kids, and enjoyed. There are some really nice beaches, although pefkos beach is fine you can find much better if you have a car. Drive south, and not far past lardos there is a lovely one (3 0r 4 miles) cant recall name right now. Tsambika on the way north is good too, and on the other coast there are some lovely coves in places. Prssonissi in the far south is also worth a visit for the dramatic setting and watersports (which are breathtaking just to watch.. kite boarding at sunset!!)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pefkos - For young couples?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pefkos - For young couples?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pefkos - For young couples?

Hi

I don't agree with it either - each to their own of course but Pefkos caters for all age groups and is fine for couples plus there's a lot more room than in Lindos which is very crowded and positively claustrophobic at times. The village fills with endless tour buses disgorging day trippers 50 at a time and it can really be shoulder-to-shoulder in the narrow streets and alleys.

Pefkos has a great sandy beach and a good variety for dining, drinking and music. The village is quite spread out and has a good variety of car hire firms as well as plenty of places to change money. Yes - both Lindos and Pefkos are Brit resorts but not to the exclusion of anyone else. We've met French, Dutch, Italian, German, Scandinavian, Canadian and Americans in the past few years so there is a good mix. Personally, I think that Lindos is a place to visit rather than a place to stay.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,344 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pefkos - For young couples?

I lived in Pefkos for a short while and ok it has grown since but i always choose to holiday in Lindos, i find Pefkos a little too quiet for my liking. Nightlife is there (plenty of bars and restaurants) but it is pretty low key.

Lindos has a great atmosphere at night - rooftop restaurants, bars in old village houses and clubs if you want them. The only disadvantage of Lindos is the crazy throng of daytrippers but you can choose a property up on Krana Hill and chill by the pool or head for St Pauls Bay as they don't seem to get that far! I don't mind the crowds as the largest amount come by boat and will arrive 11-12 and are gone again by 3pm.

Whichever resort you choose you can visit the other easily and cheaply by bus or taxi as they're very close. The beach mentioned on the previous post (just south of Lardos) is called Glystra and can also be reached by bus from either resort.

west midlands
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Pefkos - For young couples?

To let you all know, i took all of your advice, and have decided to choose Pefkos over Lindos. The over crowding in the day time in Lindos has put me off slightly....HOWEVER.... as it is only a short taxi ride away, i am SURE we will be going into Lindos to visit the acropolis and at an evening. Also we are planning on getting married next year, maybe at St Pauls, so will be having a look around there. I think by the sounds of it, if you stay in Pefkos you get the best of both worlds. I may be wrong, but i only have 3 weeks to find out!

Thanks to you all

Kate

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pefkos - For young couples?

I would seriously consider hiring a car. There are FAB places to see that are much easier to do with your own transport, and if you have a car you dont have to pay the taxi for the short trips to lindos.

Do try Philosophia restaurant in Pefkos, its away from the main strip, being on the cliff edge. I consider it t have the best food anywhere I have ever eaten in greece (the fish restaurant in kameiros skala comes close, but through great fresh seafood, and at a cost!)