We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea star schedule May 2013

Drunen, The...
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
sea star schedule May 2013

Hi,

We' ve booked five nights at the Dream Island Hotel on Tilos with our family. Getting there from Rhodes is no problem, getting back seems te be. No ferry's running on Saterday or Sunday. We have to be back in Rhodes at Sunday. Plane leaves Monday morning 13th of May.

I can't find any information about the Sea Star schedule or any other possibilities to return to Rhodes.

Who can provide me with information or a solution?

Kind regards,

Els

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sea star schedule May 2013

Hi els. Schedules for small islands like tilos, are a bit unstable till mid june every year...

For all the years i can remember though, there were boats on sunday morning.

Edited: 9:37 am, March 12, 2013
Drunen, The...
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sea star schedule May 2013

Thanks, Akis

Frederikshavn...
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sea star schedule May 2013

Last year when i arrived Tilos the ferry sea star broked down, and with a few mails this year my hotelfatter told me (for 2 weeks ago) that sea star still "sick". Probaly not on sea before september! So you probaly like me, with the old ferry fedor from Rhodos southwest (a small old harb) to tilos.

But usually and also with fedor last year: leaving sunday 0700 to Rhodos, just ask again if you need more or i can find answer for you yoy ny asking the locals down there!

Edited: 2:45 pm, March 13, 2013
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,496 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sea star schedule May 2013

Without the Seastar, a guesstimate suggests Fri 06:00, or Sun 11:10 with Bluestar.

You'll have to wait until end of March at least, even better 2 weeks before you go.

Why worry, you look at the timetable on arrival on Tilos then adapt if necessary.

tilos-travel.com/tilos_ferry_schedules.php

Drunen, The...
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sea star schedule May 2013

Thanks Spritta and Tilos Travel,

The reason it bothers me is that swimming to Rhodes doesn't appeal to me. A bit far with luggage and for the kids!

When you book a room for five nights and you have to leave after two it's not very polite to your host. Furthermore we then have to find new accomodation in Rhodes. When travelling alone or with your partner it's not a problem but with a family it is annoying if you have other plans.

So, I take note of your advice and notions about the Sunday crossing although I cannot find it anywhere. You know better than me about the local situation.

The Fedor ferry is going to Kamiros Skala, Rhodes?

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
durham
Level Contributor
66 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sea star schedule May 2013

The Sea Star will be running on Sunday May 13th leaving Tilos at 07-30 and 19-30

Drunen, The...
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sea star schedule May 2013

Thanks, that's good news that the Sea Star is running again!

Els

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sea star schedule May 2013

And by mid June hopefully on more days??!!

durham
Level Contributor
66 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sea star schedule May 2013

Looks like you could be spoilt for choice as the Diagoras appears to be going from Tilos to Rhodes on May 13

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
durham
Level Contributor
66 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sea star schedule May 2013

Should read leaving Tilos on Sunday May 12th not 13th. Same for Sea Star

Get answers to your questions about Tilos