We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM and cash access on Tilos?

Victoria, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
ATM and cash access on Tilos?

I understand that many places on Tilos do not accept credit cards. Is this true? Also, is there a functioning ATM on the island and/or is it relatively easy to get cash out of an overseas account at the bank there?

Frederikshavn...
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM and cash access on Tilos?

Yes there is one ATM on the island. In Livadia. And also a bank. Same place as ATM.

During my 2 weeks stay in august, there was 1 day when the ATM was empty.

I have not tried using my creditcard at restaurants. Acually i have never seen it used down there.

Edited: 9:14 am, September 22, 2012
Burnley
Level Contributor
754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM and cash access on Tilos?

I am just back from Tilos and the ATM worked fine. Nautilos taverna on the front accepts cards. Enjoy Tilos, it is fantastic:)

Hawkhurst, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM and cash access on Tilos?

Have been to Tilos a few times, not for past 3 years though, but there was a cashpoint in Livadia and a small Bank. However I did have a problem once when my card was blocked and when I contacted my Bank they said it may have been because it was remote. REMOTE?? this is Greece.Anyway problem, was solved but on future visits I opted for travellers cheques. Bank cashed them no problem. Never tried to use plastic over there.

4. Re: ATM and cash access on Tilos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tilos
Recent Conversations