We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos to patmos

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Mykonos to patmos

I am having difficulty with schedules - is this possible without going to Athens? What is quickest route. Traveling next june/july Thanks Sam

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mykonos to patmos

No doubt someone will correct me but you'll probably have to go via Samos (Karlovasi) and then get to Pythagorio where the Patmos boats leave from. There may be other options but as far as I know, there are no direct connections between the two islands.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mykonos to patmos

You can also go via Syros (a quick ferry ride from Mykonos) - there is a ferry 3 times a week that stops at Patmos. The schedules are already out for this route so you can check if it runs on your preffered dates

www.gtp.gr

www.openseas.gr

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mykonos to patmos

Hi Sam, have you managed to find a ferry connection between Mykonos to Patmos?

I'm interested to find out myself, for August.

Thanks...

Boston...
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mykonos to patmos

Hi csampsonis, what day are you looking for? There is no direct ferry from Mykonos to Patmos, but I can help you find a way to get to Patmos!

Nick

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mykonos to patmos

i have not looked into ferry in detail. i arrive myk 18th june. arrive late so 1st night myk. thought of paros for few nights ?4 then patmos. but could do patmos, paros, naxos and back to myk. any thoughts?

thx for help. sam

Boston...
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mykonos to patmos

Hi Sam, Mykonos to Paros is an easy and short trip. There are daily ferries for that route. Patmos is hard to reach - there is no ferry from Mykonos or Paros to Patmos so you would have to take the ferry to Syros and then another ferry to Patmos. However, everything depends on the day you one to go from the one island to the other, since some of the ferries do not operate daily. So if you make a more specific plan, I can help more! :)

Nick

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,049 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mykonos to patmos

sament

With a return flight to Mykonos do not try Patmos at all. Forget it. The reason is that you need at least 2 ferries that do not sync and may not be daily.

The 'pool' of islands from Mykonos with easy ferries are, Tinos, Andros, Syros, Paros, Naxos, Ios, Santorini.

For Patmos a UK flight to Samos, Kos or Rhodes is much easier, a ferry route consideration.

Boston...
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mykonos to patmos

And let me add Iraklia and Schinoussa in the 'pool' of islands from Mykonos with easy ferries!

You could try Patmos, but as Retired_Hippy said, it may take a day to get there.

9. Re: Mykonos to patmos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 09, 2015